• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blower motor - rubber tube - 1991 - what is it?

Fairlaniac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My '91 Ranger in it's past had the blower motor replaced with a non-OEM unit. This motor stopped working so I picked up a OEM motor yesterday in the u-pull-it yard. Installed it and noticed a rubber elbow shaped rubber tube from the back of the motor to the heater hosing. Th OEM unit has an oval hole on the motor but the past installed unit has a round hole so the rubber tube in my Ranger doesn't fit in the oval hole? I would have grabbed it from the u-pull-it yard had I known the difference? What is this tube for? Until I get one that fits I'm thinking of blocking the hole if it pulls engine bay air in through the cab.

Thanks,

saskbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I suggest DON't plug the hole in the motor! (Plug the hole in the heater housing for now if you like). Snag the correctly fitting hose from the junkyard ASAP.

The hose is meant to bring cooling air (from the high pressure air on the fan side if the heater housing) back to the motor.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
+1 ^^^

Hose allows the blower motor some air to keep it cool while its running.

If it was open to engine compartment air, and you had an exhaust leak or valve cover leak(burnt oil smell), you would then smell that in the cab via the blower air.
So they pull air from IN the cab for the back side of blower motor.

If you fart alot then you may prefer the engine compartment air, so leave hose off :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals