• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

finding a sending unit location on a 2000 2.5 L 4 cly manual

need info

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I tried to find a picture of the location and cant not find the sending unit or is it called the oil pressure switch for controlling the oil pressure gauge on the dash board. the needle is jumping around and I figure I should start with the sending unit. I see something on the transmission that looks like it could be it, behind the oil filter on the bottom. Can someone give me a clue. thanks

need info

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
In case you were lost in navigating that picture, it is taken looking from the ground upward. It took me 5 minutes to identify landmarks and understand what I was looking at.
The sending unit has one wire, and it should use a push on connector, at least it did previously, as I cannot see in the picture.
You should be able to reach up to the side of the cylinder head and just pull on the connector. Unless an engineer decided to improve a 50+ year old design.(same connector used for 50+ on the starter relay connection to the ignition switch... not a known failure point at any time.. )
tom

need info

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
In case you were lost in navigating that picture, it is taken looking from the ground upward. It took me 5 minutes to identify landmarks and understand what I was looking at.
The sending unit has one wire, and it should use a push on connector, at least it did previously, as I cannot see in the picture.
You should be able to reach up to the side of the cylinder head and just pull on the connector. Unless an engineer decided to improve a 50+ year old design.(same connector used for 50+ on the starter relay connection to the ignition switch... not a known failure point at any time.. )
tom
Ok, thanks. much appreciated

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals