• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What are differences in 4r44e among years for 3.0L

JeffHWV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hope no one minds me putting this here instead of trans forum since there are so few posts there. I have a 1998 Ranger 4x4 with a 3.0L and a trans with no first gear. I have a chance to buy a low mileage trans from a 2000 model with the same specs fairly cheap. I can not determine conclusively that a 2000 model will work in a 1998 model truck. I have looked up the application just about every place I can think of and some places say they take the same trans and some give different part numbers. I really need to know for sure as the truck is drivable now and it would really suck to spend money on a trans and end up with a truck I can’t move. It’s my firewood truck so it is usable as is for that and not worth putting a lot of money into. If anyone knows definitively that it would work it would be a huge help. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals