• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dropping 3" with dream beams have moog adj camber bushings

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
What are the specs for the camber and caster? 94 2X

Im working on it this weekend and would like to be close on the angles

Can some one give me the Degrees + or - for camber and caster for a 3" drop with DJM Dream Beams?

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
You are telling me not one person on this site has alignment numbers for a ranger?

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
It needs to be calculated on an alignment rack to be properly put back into spec. Alot of times if you have a good alignment before you drop the truck with only 3" dream beams you will only need to adjust the toe but it varies from truck to truck.

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
It needs to be calculated on an alignment rack to be properly put back into spec. Alot of times if you have a good alignment before you drop the truck with only 3" dream beams you will only need to adjust the toe but it varies from truck to truck.
OK that is not the question. I need the numbers so I can set the new adjustable bushings close before I drive it to the alignment shop. 60 miles away. What are the stock numbers for a ranger 94?

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well by the replies you have gotten so far it doesnt look like ne body remembers. besides trucks are kinda like drugs. drops effect all trucks differently no matter what year. wut slammedx said was with a mild drop like this it will already be close enough to drive it that 60 miles and not have to worry about getting it close before you go.... it will already be close

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
well by the replies you have gotten so far it doesnt look like ne body remembers. besides trucks are kinda like drugs. drops effect all trucks differently no matter what year. wut slammedx said was with a mild drop like this it will already be close enough to drive it that 60 miles and not have to worry about getting it close before you go.... it will already be close
OK so I guess no one here can understand the fact that these adjustable camber bushings can be off by as much as 5 degrees in either direction so yes I can ruin a set of tires in 60 miles if they are not set close, that is why I need the factory settings so I can dial them in to be at least safe.

TOPDOG2007

August 2010 STOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't insinuate that we are stupid. You were given some advice...if the people that answered were Alignment professionals they would gladley tell you. You asked for advice...people with some Knowledge gave you there opinion. Don't be a Dick about it. Have your vehicle towed to a professional if you are worried about your alignment and tires.

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
Don't insinuate that we are stupid. You were given some advice...if the people that answered were Alignment professionals they would gladley tell you. You asked for advice...people with some Knowledge gave you there opinion. Don't be a Dick about it. Have your vehicle towed to a professional if you are worried about your alignment and tires.
The only dick here is you, I just stated facts, the title and replys all state I need the actual settings, what is being a dick about that? If that gets your panties in a bunch Im sorry.

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
no one was being a dick until you were unhappy with the replies you recieved. Im not here to argue i tried helping clarify for another member so im sorry my reply did not suit your needs. now like i said, drops will effect all trucks differently so the only way to know is to do it yourself. im sorry we cant help....

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hell Ive been running chopped springs on mine for 6 months and the tire have barely worn a spot on the inside... ive put a little over 350 miles on it ... so with wat your asking set the adjustables dead in the center on both sides and drive it their its not gonna wear your tires out as bad as you think... 60 miles isnt that far in tire talk and depending on your rating of tire, which the way your worried sounds like the tires are some expensive ones, unless you have a rating of 300 you shouldnt worry about much... no one can sit here and tell you exactly how to get your truck close as has been stated every one is different... in order for you to do that you can run a plumb line to get it close before you leave your house but its alot of work, about 3 hours for an hour drive, i have aligned my share of vehicles in college as that was the one thing besides a/c that amazed me.. i dont know if this was the answer you were looking for if you have any more questions ill try to answer but im not a 15 year master at it... on another note if you really want too call the alignment shop they should have the specs for you.. they will set you up with the right specs as they have the program to estimate the caster and camber of the lowered suspension...

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
if you're smart enough to do the beam swap.....you're smart enough to use the alignment procedure in the Tech Library.

I dropped my '89 3 inches by chopping the coils until I can afford some dropped beams....it's got 4,000 miles on the alignment & the tires look great...the truk holds the road well also.

Lighten up a little....if you get the specs.....why bother paying for an alignment??????

Combs Customs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 1993 /19
Make / Model
Ford / Ford / F
Engine Size
4.0L / 4.0L /4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You could call an alignment shop. Or look at it by eye and get them near level.

Camber is -1.3* to .8*. Left and right need to be equal with a .5* split in caster.

This is aside from the fact that beams have little to no effect on camber or caster due to the fact it raises the mounting point of the wheel straight vertical. Its basically a really big set of drop spindles.

And every truck is different. Some trucks can have 2" drop coils, while others are unalignable at 2" drop coils.

Edit:
There are no specs for a lowered suspension. They will be putting it to spec for a stock suspension, which will work just fine. From what i remember on my last beam install, you need to turn both outer TRE's in 3 turns to get the toe CLOSE enough to drive. And no matter how bad the alignment is, you pure and simple will not kill a set of tires in 60 miles. There will be absolutely no noticeable wear on them.

Last edited:

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic

Camber is -1.3* to .8*. Left and right need to be equal with a .5* split in caster.

This is aside from the fact that beams have little to no effect on camber or caster due to the fact it raises the mounting point of the wheel straight vertical. Its basically a really big set of drop spindles.

And every truck is different. Some trucks can have 2" drop coils, while others are unalignable at 2" drop coils.

Edit:
There are no specs for a lowered suspension. They will be putting it to spec for a stock suspension, which will work just fine. From what i remember on my last beam install, you need to turn both outer TRE's in 3 turns to get the toe CLOSE enough to drive. And no matter how bad the alignment is, you pure and simple will not kill a set of tires in 60 miles. There will be absolutely no noticeable wear on them.
I did call and yes they looked up the specs and I did the drop today. The TECH article in our library is really lacking in usable info on the dream beam install.

The only problem I have now is that the beams did not come with pinch bolts and the stock ones are 2 small of diameter and about 1/2" short, so off to town tomorrow so I can buy and install the pinch bolts.

I was not asking for anything out of the ordinary just what the factory specs are for the ranger.

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic

Edit:
I did call and yes they looked up the specs and I did the drop today. The TECH article in our library is really lacking in usable info on the dream beam install.

The only problem I have now is that the beams did not come with pinch bolts and the stock ones are 2 small of diameter and about 1/2" short, so off to town tomorrow so I can buy and install the pinch bolts.

after not finding info on dropped I was asking for the factory specs are for the ranger. Nothing out of the ordinary

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

after not finding info on dropped I was asking for the factory specs are for the ranger. Nothing out of the ordinary
Well im glad to see you are making it fine without drop specs. Im sorry we could not help you there. Im sure if you would have had a little nicer attitude before and asked for the factory specs to begin with you would have had absolutely no problem getting a correct and simple answer. And if the tech article is missing some important info then feel free to post up the missing info. Im glad to see you have solved your problem but please show a little more respect next time the replies you get are not what you are looking for. Thank you and good luck looking for the pinch bolts you need.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals