• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3 Bucket seats in 1994 Ranger Extended Cab

LKOT591

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I would like to remove the 60/40 bench seat and jump seats from my 1994 Ranger extended cab and install two bucket seats in front and a third centered in the back with foot space between the front seats. Has anyone done something like this?

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
this is hilarious, I just literally picked up a 1994 ranger Ex cab less than a week ago, and had this same thought

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting Idea.
It would be ideal in my situation.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
It would be ideal in my situation.
me too. I only have 1 kid, so this would be perfect, especially because the jumpseats can't hold a booster seat, which is required by law here, until age 11

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Youd be damn hard pressed for room. You wont be able to fit a full size third seat behind the driver and passenger seats if you want them to have full motion. Its just not deep enough even if you modified a track to mount up over the hump below the rear window.

You could squeeze one back there if you pushed the driver and passenger forward considerably. I dont know how tall you are but if you are anything over 5 ft youd be sitting on the steering wheel to have enough room to fit that other seat.

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
Cool idea. I know better than to say it can't be done after seeing what folks have come up with on here. Keep us posted on what you come up with please.

LKOT591

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am looking at using aftermarket seats that do not recline and are narrower than the stock seats to make some space side-to-side. If I have to, I will trim a little off the front corners of the back seat to make it fit front-to-back. I will have to modify the back seat mount to go on top of the hump below the rear window. The front seats will adjust forward and back, but the rear seat will be fixed.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
I have a broncoII with the ranger buckets in it, I can do some measuring to see how those would fit too

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have seen this done in a few pre-runner desert racers.

dzrt_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It's possible, people have done it. If you wanna put full size seats its gonna be extremely tight. But if you put a child bucket seat in the rear you'll be fine. My cousin ran that set up in his ranger for his kid.

jhammel85

Wierd. I would of thought you would have issues with the bracing under the truck to do that. I'd be weary and worrying that anyone in that seat might get hurt in an accident. I don't think it would shear from the body but who knows?

anchorshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It's possible, people have done it. If you wanna put full size seats its gonna be extremely tight. But if you put a child bucket seat in the rear you'll be fine. My cousin ran that set up in his ranger for his kid.
Any pictures of this? I'm expecting our first and really don't want to get rid of the Ranger.

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
Any pictures of this? I'm expecting our first and really don't want to get rid of the Ranger.
I'm guessing that you can just bolt down car seat, or bolt down brackets for a car seat to clip into.

If you're worried about a shear point, weld a 3"x3"x1/4" plate under each bolt point.

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I've always though of putting either two seats or a bench in the back of the bed right against where the bed meets the cab. Rearfacing and make them/it easily removable and weatherproof it.

I like the idea of a third seat in the back though. Ditch the 60/40 and find two smaller-than-

ranger-stock seats to attach the tracks too. Then position the third seat in the rear middle.

This is the first thread I clicked on when searching "rear facing seats" so we'll see if someone's already done it...

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Actually saw this at the local u-pick-it yard awhile back. The two front seats were from a ranger but the one in back was out of some other vehicle and was smaller and narrower than the others, (out of some small import maybe). Didn't look close at how they mounted it but it did look like they used the rails from the donor vehicle. Didn't look real close as I don't want to use this mod on my 88. would probably work good for a child's car seat though. Sorry, can't get you a picture as they sent it on to the crusher.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals