• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New here

Sirstud1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
New to the ford scene.. Always been a Chevy guy but recently bought a lil knock around 89 ranger xlt 4x4... Acquired it for $1500 and its in pretty good shape... Ac don't work but was told it may just need charged but that don't bother me as long as the heat works in fine... Only things really wrong is the rear end leaks so I gotta seal that up... What fluid do I need in it? And the gas
filler neck leaks around where it connects to that tank.. Anyone changed the filler neck that has any pointers? I kno the bed will have to be scooted back or pulled off for sure...

-StUdDaRd-

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~!

Can't remember the gear oil grade but I'm pretty sure the number 90 is in there somewhere...I have a jug of it in the garage and can have a look later...

The filler neck is a common issue and moving the bed is the right approach...just check e-bay for the part as it is much less expensive than a parts store...I think they wanted $150 last time I checked NAPA...

Nice looking truck...and appears to have a bit of a lift on it...but the box should actually be lined up with the cab...unless you did that recently to check the filler neck...

Anyway...looks like a nice project...:icon_thumby:

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
I like it looks like a runner welcome to trs

Sirstud1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Took steps off and painted the bottom camo

-StUdDaRd-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals