• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Okay, Now I've Gone Crazy!!!!

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
kip, dont listen to him^
78-79 broncos are pure BADASS-ery. the years when a truck was actually a truck. straight axle and big block, what else could you ask for? im a huge enthusiast for 78-79 broncos (73-79f150s too) so if you need any help, pm me!

and i want that grill for my 79! its awesome
Just hope its not as rusty as Boggin's :icon_rofl:

nuclassic

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its sorta a family project, might still be getting an 85 Ranger to repair and make my own for this upcoming college year, and then getting an 88 for future reasons.

soooo.... Im getting a 79 Bronco, 85 Ranger, 88 Ranger, and own a 84 Ranger.... wow...

Total needed to be payed/has been payed: under $1000
We expect build threads and pictures ASAP:icon_bounceblue:

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
We expect build threads and pictures ASAP:icon_bounceblue:
The 85 is in the works of being brought out of its muddy pit, and the 88 is being worked out, the 84, well.... it sits...

jhammel85

Dude that is a hell of a deal. Build threads! Get it running and run it as is (ok...maybe not completely as is)

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Okay, tomorrow Im gonna see about heading over to tear up the carpetting, remove the seats, and get a better look at the floor, it'll need some patch work, but nothing strenous from what I saw. Im also gonna see if I can get some tires changed out too. The guy I got it from left his compressor and filler tank out for me to use.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Nice rig Kip. Like everyone says, start a build thread! You guys would all cry if you saw the 78-79 that I saw getting pulled in by trailer to the local Pull-N-Save. I've always loved them, especially when they've got the chrome moldings and such. I also like the slider glass on some of the hard tops on them.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I want the sliderglass for the side windows in the back, and this one had the chrome at one time, still has some of it, Im thinking of making it its original white with the green trim, or all black with chrome trim and aluminum stock rims and red pin.

Actually, might go Ford Blue on it with chrome trim!

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
The one I saw yesterday looked just like this one with the chrome.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
friend of mine had one, I think it was a brick red color. He told me it had the 460 in it; don't know if it was true or not but he could smoke the tires till he let off the gas.
it was pretty sweet.

About the late 70s era vehicles, they can be flogged and take it. I had a couple different '78 Chevy 4x4 pickup trucks growing up with 350s in them and the 3 speed trans. We snowplowed, did lawn service with them, hauled Bobcats, and just about anything else we wanted to.

Only ever got stuck once. Stupid swamp. Ice didn't hold.

dirttrackracer

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey kip, i have a 78' f150 and if it has the 400m then i would look into a rebuild. the 400m was a shitty motor they built from a 351 for emissions when they started comming in in the 70's.

but in stock form those motors are decient but with a couplke hundred you can make them a beast

i get 8mpg with a 650cfm holly 4b carberator. 8:1 compression, roller rockers other goodies. so as long as you keep it mild and GET RID IF THE STOCK 2B CARB it acually gets better mpg with a smaller 4b carb.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Im just gonna see if I can clean up the engine, check over the electrical a few times, be sure the engine is not siezed, and then Im gonna see about getting the rusted headers back on to just SEE if I can get it started up, if she starts, Im gonna roll it up onto a trailer and haul it home, otherwise Im just gonna use a 2,000lb winch to pull it up onto his trailer to bring it home.... Its only like 5 miles from my house, I was thinking of fixing the brakes and just riding it down the hills to my place, but remembered it hadnt traveled that far in 7 years lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals