• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift q&a

azbroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what lift can I use that won't brake my bank. I'm only looking for about 4in maybe 6in?:icon_bounceblue:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If your gonna wheel just dont get rough country, your gonna end up making a whole in the front diff. I would get a sky jacker or duff lift.my .02 cents Do it right do it light

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how about searching?

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
If your gonna wheel just dont get rough country, your gonna end up making a whole in the front diff. I would get a sky jacker or duff lift.my .02 cents Do it right do it light
It all depends on what you are running as a front diff, If you are going to run the D28 up front, you can wheel all you want to with a Rough Country lift, if you are planning on running a D35 then you will have clearance issues with the drop brackets.

I am running a 4" Tuff Country lift on my '84 B2, I believe it uses the same setup as the Rough Country. I wheel it hard and have even been airborn more than once with no issues at all. I still have the D28 and I've been running the same lift since it was installed over 14 years ago!

If you are looking for a good budget lift, either kit is more than sufficient in my opinion...

:icon_cheers:
B2

mattc113

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8"
Tire Size
37"
like stated above, it depends on what you plan on doing with it. mine has a 3" lift using blocks in the rear and spacers up front. cost me around $50. im thinking of adding a 2" body lift and call it good. i daily mine and take it to the river and run light to mod trails, no heavy stuff, and it does just fine. building a rig to do more serious crawling? i'd definetely go with a skyjacker. its more $$, but it will last longer and hold up the the abuse. install sway bar disconnects when you do lift it, they make a huge difference off road.

azbroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i do not know what diff iwill have. my bronco2 is a 88 2wd soon to be 4wd the donor is a87 b2 standerd trans with a 2.9 thats all i know about it. so i was going to do the swap my self with the hellp frum all of you:yahoo:but i do like the skyjacker 4in lift but not fond of the 1500 price tag.:bawling:

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
If the 87 donor is stock, you will have a Dana 28 front diff. unless someone has switched it. What is wrong with the donor?

:icon_cheers:
B2

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Buy my brackets and coils!

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If your going to convert maybe you should sas it.Don't you have to change the brackets in the frame that hold in the ttb as in the whole cross brace?that would be nuts to put in a dana 28.

azbroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the donor has ben siting in a yard for the past 13 years the old man got it for his boy but never drove it the milage is 17000 or 117000 but i cant beat the price free .99! just get it out the yard. but the rats had ther way with it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals