• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how easy?

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ya, i thought the truck 302's were a bit anemic. Um, Im not sure, but, I think slaping a carb on it without changing some other things would lower the hp even more. you shouldnt need a realy huge carb on that engine either. Somthing like a 550cfm would be more then enough at high rpms (5000) I dont see a reason to rev' a stock engine much over that anyways.

dangerranger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 soon
Transmission
Manual
im just doin it to have fun i havent got that far to decide what fuel pump any suggestions becides i dont touch cars all truck :pray:

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
cars, trucks, there all just a pile of nuts bolts and sheet metal. The timing cover for the engine has the mechanical fuel pump port closed. If you wanna use a factory mechanical fuel pump, then you need to install a pump drive, and get an older timing cover. You can get low pressure electric fuel pumps

V8RangerBoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
550CFM would be more than fine for that. A naturally aspirated 5.0 at 6000rpm flows just shy of 450CFM in a really efficient motor (85% VE). Given that 85% VE is quite high, 550 should be no problem.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals