• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New (Wider Wheels)

99k1500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Guys I have recently picked up a 2001 Ranger 2WD 5speed. The truck will be for my soon to be 16 year old daughter.

It is time for tires. With the wheels looking bad and the tires in bad shape I am looking to replace the wheels. I figure I will get 15" but am considering 16" wheels. I am looking to stay with the stock diameter tire, but am looking at a different offset. I am looking at some 7.5" wheels with a -12 offset. I calculate that this will push the wheel out 30mm or 1.18 inches.

Possible a 235 tire (just to help fill the extra 1/2" on the wheel.

Question is will this be too wide. Since the truck is not 4wd, torsion bar, edge, or sport I understand the suspension sits lower than many of the pictures I can find.

I am not opposed to a leveling kit in the front, but the cost of the kit could be used on wheels that are a more appropriate size. The attraction to the wheels and specs is the price of the wheel that has the above specs. Vision Warrior wheel (15x7.5 -12mm offset that puts the backspacing at 3.73)

I have done years of this on fullsize chevy trucks, newbie in the ranger world.
Most of the searching yields results for larger tires and then mainly for 4wd.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

99k1500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know the stock offset
I have already calculated that the wheel will be 30mm wider.

I was hoping for some pics from a user that had wheel spacers or a wheel with a negative offset.

Either way I went ahead and purchased the wheels and tires. Went with the above wheels and a 235/75r15.

crossed fingers while I wait for them to come in.
Thanks for the welcome!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals