• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 or 2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4L Lift???

JordanD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am trying to find a lift for my ranger, I am looking to go about 3 or 4 inches, just enough to get like 33's ( if i need go more please let me know ). I am open to anything, but BODY LIFTS. Let me know, and thank you for your help

Wes

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Reviews of all available suspension lifts are listed on the first thread in this forum (Stock 4X4 & Off-Road Suspensions). The least expensive one is about $1500. Yet will most likely cost you more to correct problems (read the reviews). I personally chose the 3" body lift, which I paid $100 for on ebay. This will alow 33" tires. Any reason you don't want a body lift?

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
i would go for the RCD lift. its a 5" lift but it still would look proportioned on 33s. i dont like how the superlift kit is designed on the drop down brackets. the trailmaster design uses stock spindles with an extension which is asking for trouble. the RCD kit also is a coilover conversion wich is an ultimate plus.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Not a lot of selection out there for late-model lifts. Superlift is the best for the money. About $1500 plus install. The Trailmaster costs slightly less but is weaker and not really worth it for the little bit you save.
The RCD is about double that and will cost more to install.
Dixon Bros is the real shiznit but will cost about $6000 by the time you get installation and the wider fiberglass fenders and paint. :icon_surprised:
That $1500 Superlift doesn't sound so bad now, huh? :D

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
super lift is junk for the newer ranger imo.

JordanD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Um to be honest with you guys, I have just heard a lot of bad when it comes to the body lift. I am open to the suggestion, but i mean doesn't everything have to be changed, trans linkages, stupid shit like that for them to work flawlessly. If I am wrong please let me know, i mean 200 dollars or 1500.... kinda seems like a simple choice. Another thing I have a few questions about the suspension lift, and if the stickys at the beginning of the thread cover this, please let me know and i will read them, but what is the difference in say a suspension and a body lift over all. Also in the suspension lifts, i know that different companies have different ideas, what is the pro's and con's of each style. My ranger is my baby, and i love her, i want to do something that is going to yes be functional off road something i can have fun with ( it is non- 4x4 so i am not going to be super hardcore about it, mainly just little stupid trail out in the Ocala National Forest ) but at the same time it will not kill the longevity of the truck. I want something that is going act like the stock suspension, and i can not worry about it to much, and just mainly worry about when i need to change a shock, you know what i mean. sorry if i just kinda rambled on about this one. just want to make a good buy and not hate life when i fix it every day. Thank you for all y'alls help

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why do people rag on the 4" SL kit for 98+ Rangers so much?

It's a solid kit that will lift your truck safely, and doesn't have the issues associated with the 83-97 Ranger kits. No ball joint spacers like the Trailmaster lift either, only solid lift knuckles. Honestly, I think it's a very solid kit for the money you spend.

Every lift on 98+ 4x4 Rangers is based on drop bracketry, even the RCD. You still need to drop the differential and lower control arm mounting points to get correct geometry.

Obviously the RCD lift is amazing, but not everyone can afford the price.

JordanD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
my ranger is 2 wheel, so i mean that doesn't apply to much i guess???? any opinions and for the rear lift, just lift blocks and longer U bolts, also i know that you have to check the hole pinion angle and what not is there a way to lift the rear with lift blocks and not have to mess with the hole thing, like can you do one side at a time or...... i am new to all of this so i may be asking remedial questions, i apologize, just want to know.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh it's a 2WD? That makes a huge difference. Forget most of the aforementioned lifts.

I haven't had much experience with the 2WDs, but I've heard Fabtech has some great options at good prices for 98+ 2WD Rangers.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Right, for a 4x2 just get dropped spindles for the front (this is where the Edge/XLT difference comes in), I think Fabtech and Pro Comp have them, taller blocks for the rear and you're good to go. Spend a lot less than if you had a 4x4 too.

JordanD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
dropped spindles???? does it drop the mounting points for the lower control arm and supply you with a larger spindle. Also, if i were to get brave, what is the best material to make the rear lift block out of, would you advise not making them, what are the ones procomp and fabtech make made out of so on and so forth.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals