• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

An amazing discovery....

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
I was waiting for you to say "Marty! Ive done it! I have the FLUX Capacitor! I't been under the dash of my Bronco the whole time!"

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I was waiting for you to say "Marty! Ive done it! I have the FLUX Capacitor! I't been under the dash of my Bronco the whole time!"
Well, I havent looked under the ENTIRE dash yet....there could be other amazing discoveries under there.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
no bs, i found $20 and 3 30-06 bullets in the inner dash when i had it out.. idk how the bullets got there, the $20 looks like it might have been pushed through the back of the ash tray

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it could have been worse, if i had actually bought and installed a tilt column and then found this out...... I cant really say what i would have done. Probably hide the old column and never tell anyone about it.

On a side note, i replaced the hatch struts when i put my new hatch on. I used one of the old struts on the hood and got rid of the prop rod. So yeah, i'm feeling pretty good about that at least!
true! :D

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You could have! Both of the old hatch struts were too weak to hold up the old hatch. I just used one of them and the mounts from the hatch to mount it under the hood. One is plenty strong enough to open and hold the hood up.
Can u post pics of how you did it. Just curious, I've got some old struts laying around. Might do it this weekend.

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Can u post pics of how you did it. Just curious, I've got some old struts laying around. Might do it this weekend.

I'll take and post some pics here in a little while. I'll try to explain it the best I can in the meantime.

I replaced my old hatch with one that has the flip up glass, so I took the strut mounts off of the old hatch. Put one mount on the underside of the hood and made an 'L" bracket for the other end to mount off the inner fender.

Had to notch the underside of the hood support to get it to clear. I just used one of my old struts that was too weak to hold up the hatch. I could have made it look better, and will on the new hood.

This hood is pretty rusted out along the front edge, so I didnt worry about making the cut look good.

I'll have some pics up a little later for those interested. If you're really lucky, I might post some pics of my newly discovered tilt wheel.

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
First pic, bottom bracket, drivers side.

Second pic, top bracket, drivers side.

Third pic, whole assembly.

Front view

Bonus pic of the half doors I'm making...well one of them so far.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
No problem, sorry about the poor pic quality. I just used a free camera I got from Marlboro to take them. First time I have used it and this is also the last time.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i was thinking about the doors like that on the trail rig, that way it has the "lip" like a jeep..i actually though to just cut the bottom 3 inches off the door and weld it in place and then make the rest of the door usable for the cold season, which here in MS aint all that cold.

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i was thinking about the doors like that on the trail rig, that way it has the "lip" like a jeep..i actually though to just cut the bottom 3 inches off the door and weld it in place and then make the rest of the door usable for the cold season, which here in MS aint all that cold.
I had an extra set that came with the BII when I bought it so I thought what the hell. Havent driven it on the street with them yet, but should be nice in the summer since I dont have A/C....then again it may suck and I end up throwing them away lol.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I had an extra set that came with the BII when I bought it so I thought what the hell. Havent driven it on the street with them yet, but should be nice in the summer since I dont have A/C....then again it may suck and I end up throwing them away lol.
well someone has to be labrat lol...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's hilarious. I love it.

But don't feel bad: it took my like four years of driving to figure out that the little switch on the rearview mirror was for when driving at night and people are behind you....that was an amazing discovery!
I drove around for 8 years with my mirror bouncing all over thinking it was worn out, I went to replace and found the setscrew had fallen out sometime (it had to have been before I got it)

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I drove around for 8 years with my mirror bouncing all over thinking it was worn out, I went to replace and found the setscrew had fallen out sometime (it had to have been before I got it)

lol, I feel your pain.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I just got out the little piece of the lever that was broken off in there. Looks like the lever just screws in. I can make something work but I think I would rather have the actual lever. Right now I can tilt it with a screwdriver. I love my new tilt steering column.
Go to stylingconcepts or cruizin concepts.com they sell the billet replacement parts and they might have a piece that will fit your b2, I dont know if the mustang cruise lever will fit, but it might be close enough to make work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals