• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electric Fan Conversion

BrownBeard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking into changing out my mechanical fan for an electric unit. I've read that the Taurus 2 speed fan is a pretty good choice.
I can mount it and make it all pretty and whatnot, no problem. What I'm not quite clear about is how to wire it up and how to do up the temperature switch. Drilling/sealing required? What switch to use? Any extra helpful advise would be much appreciated.

I've got a 1988 Bronco II 4x4 2.9 5sp w/ac. The motor is pretty much stock.

So far, I haven't found anything in detail on this site.

4x4mike2004

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.squirill
Transmission
Automatic
not sure if your on a budget or not but these are some pretty awesome fans. installed a dual fan setup on my dodge well worth it. the benefits are heats up quicker in the winter, cools down better when running, and a noticeable increase in horsepower and fuel economy.

http://ffdynamics.com/index.htm

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
not sure if your on a budget or not but these are some pretty awesome fans. installed a dual fan setup on my dodge well worth it. the benefits are heats up quicker in the winter, cools down better when running, and a noticeable increase in horsepower and fuel economy.

http://ffdynamics.com/index.htm
i can't really find it on their site... how much would it be approx?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Pretty easy. all the fan controllers I have seen come with install instructions anddiagrams to follow.

Funny I just finished installing my fan controller last night, after 4 years of having the fan on a switch.

Taurus fan on low speed and a single core rad is enough to keep my engine cool during the summer. Winter I have a hard time keeping in at 140, fan off and rad front partially blocked off.

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Pretty easy. all the fan controllers I have seen come with install instructions anddiagrams to follow.

Funny I just finished installing my fan controller last night, after 4 years of having the fan on a switch.

Taurus fan on low speed and a single core rad is enough to keep my engine cool during the summer. Winter I have a hard time keeping in at 140, fan off and rad front partially blocked off.
Your thermostat is bad!!

For the OP, don't waste your money, and create problems, stay with your mechanical fan.

RandyL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Transmission
Manual
i did it to two trucks so far, my buddys 00 ranger and my 98 tj and i'm going to do it when i get my next truck 97 b4000..

but it's easy as hell., i went to the parts store and got a temp switch $25 and got a fan at the junk yard .. free lol and it was easy it was just like hooking up off road lights with a relay but insted of a toggel switch i put a temp switch throu the rad 4" from the in let hose. .. works really good to.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
What exactly do you expect to gain by going to an electric fan?

AD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals