• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V8 swap from complete 95' F150

Ty.Pitty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone just curious about this. Was going to put engine back into the f150 but it needs alot of work so I'm thinking of putting the 5.0 302 into a ranger I have. I have the complete f150 motor wiring harness, computer, trans everything. Now it's 5 speed manual. Does it matter of the ranger was auto? Both trucks are RWD too thanks.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You will need a clutch pedal.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ty.Pitty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I heard all auto ranger are ready to be wired up for a clutch pedal as well? So it shouldn't be to hard. Also I was thinking of selling my trans and getting a mustang one. I want my lil truck to move good and have fun :)

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
I heard all auto ranger are ready to be wired up for a clutch pedal as well? So it shouldn't be to hard. Also I was thinking of selling my trans and getting a mustang one. I want my lil truck to move good and have fun :)

I am not sure if all auto trans Rangers are wired for manual at the factory but I know both my 1998 and my 1999 were. There is a pigtail with a plastic cap tied up above the clutch/brake pedal assembly that can be uncapped and plugged into the clutch safety switch once you add the manual pedal assembly.

Ty.Pitty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I don't have a ford ranger now I will be buying after I'm done the engine just getting ready. My daily driver is a b3000 but not swapping into that. I am just figuring out if I should use my f150 trans or get a mustang one. And I don't know of i really need the 8.8 31 spline rear axel or of the 8.8 28 spline would be fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals