• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 seats in 1987 ranger

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well for whats its worth te 01 bucket seats have 4 holes however only one was tapped of a bolt. i bolted them inot my 97 by simply moving one hole back, taping it, and bolting it up. you mite want to check for that on the 60/40's and just make them fit your old brackets. even if the holes are not there meaasure both seat frames. if its the same length you can drill or tap, or drill and bolt through. if its not the same length you can alsawy add metal strap and make it work...... just my .02..

keonif150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sorry it's been a while since I checked this thing but I know for sure that the 60/40 doesn't "directly" bolt into my 87. The front part of the bracket doesn't match up. The angle of the mount is more acute as compared to the floor. The rear is ok. I think some cutting, hammering and maybe a little weld could do the trick : )

I guess you could try and swap the brackets but the 87 is definately shorter then the new one so the seating position would be several inches shorter.

ranger_tomm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
No matter what it CAN be done, if you go out and buy the seats, you have to make it work =]. :icon_cheers:
Even I managed to make adapters to put 2004 Windstar bucket seats in my '88 E250, so I'm sure you can do it!

Tee Rev

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
FWIW,

I installed 95 bucket seats in my 91 by swapping the seat tracks for the 91's 60/40 to the 95 seats.

Everything bolted together & lined up perfectly.

Trev

UnderMedikated

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Someone should make a 25 year chart on what fits what?

UnderMedikated

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
You can make any seat fit within size limitations but you mess with the safety of the original design if you re-drill holes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals