• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door Ajar light on and 4Dr SuperCabs

MyFirstRanger

Canada Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
When I bought our truck about 3 days later the Door Ajar Light came on intermittently.

I tried to figure out under what circumstances the light came on, I noticed when I went over some bumps the light came on (open and shut driver's door and the light went out, never on the passenger's door) and when the truck shook going over a lot of bumps in a row the light went off on and off quickly.

So with that info I took the trim off of the front and back doors on the driver's side. Checked out the door open switch on both doors (yes the small back door has one on the bottom latch). Everything checked out good, after putting to doors back together I noticed the back door at the bottom moved slightly when closed.

I checked the door when the truck was running and I was in the driver's seat by pushing hard on the driver's door with my shoulder. The light came on. So I checked the bottom latch hook on the bottom of the door jam and it can't be adjusted. I checked the back door alignment and it was off a bit looked like from the factory, just enough for the door open switch to open and turn the light on. I realigned the back door and the bottom was not loose anymore and the problem was corrected.

No more door ajar light and cab light (especially at night) popping on to annoy us, finally :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals