• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90b2 no start

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My bad, I think that was what you called the fuel cutoff switch. If there is no power on either side of it when the relay is clicking, it may be a short between the relay and the inertia switch.
I'm currently repairing a lot of wireing on a taurus, that wood rats (packrats?) got in and chewed all to pieces, after it sat for about 2 yrs. They had a real nice condo going under the hood......felt bad about making them homeless in the middle of the winter..... yeah, real bad.....

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i put my leads to the pump on a vm and got got power showing.then i pulled the pump and hooked it to the battery...nothing.so i ordered the pump...needed to anyways...this one was in really bad condition.even missing the float,but getting all new styff now so its all good.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok...this thing is pissing me off....i put the new pump on...works good pumps fuel to the rails and have pressure there.it will not start.i can spray starting fluid in a start it but i have to keep spraying for it to stay running.with it getting fuel all the way to the shrader valve on the fuelrail...why wont it start itself?its like the injectors are not gettin fuel/power whatever.also could the fpr have anything to do with it?

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Possible,
If you disconnec the vacume line and see if fuel comes out or pull the FPR and see if fuel comes out the delivery side. Could also be plugged injectors if the truck sat for a long time.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok...i pulled the fpr and when it popped off the rails fuel came out the rails...it smelled stale...not real strong.it looked like fuel was coming out of the vac port.
now with fuel in the rails would the injectors pick it up and run or do they need a higher pressure to operate right?

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i pulled a injector wire off to test it...i used a test light hooked to ground and plugged the probe into the red side of the socket and as soon as i turned the key in the on position it lit up and stayed lit.so i checked the other side/wire same thing..should that be that way or should one have no power? also should the test light blink when turning the motor over?
this is bugging the crap out of me ..i need to fix it so i can get on the road as my dd.but i don't know what to do.don't know if i should just put a fpr on it and see if it starts or what. i dont want just keep throwing parts at it until it's fixed...that will get expensive.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
According to my 87 BII 2.9 troubleshooting manual, both wires go to the Electronic Control Assembly. (the Computer) It controls the power to the fuel injectors based on pulses from the TFI module.
It kinda sounds as if the computer is having issues. I don't think each side should be hot when ignition is on, but I am NOT an expert on this. My books don't cover the logic inside the computer.

Personally, based on what I've read at this point, I think I would search a salvage yard for a replacement computer and swap it out. If that fixes it, buy a new one when you can.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thats what i am thinking also...needs a new computer

azbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I have the exact same problem did the pump fix your problem? I took mine out and it was burnt and melted plastic on top of the pump

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
if you are going to drop the tank take a presser washer to the inside and use the high presser tip that way you can get all rust out of tank i did that to mine no sense in new pump nice rust in tank just what i would do

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals