• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 BII question

stimmie78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm new the the BII world. I had an 86 for a couple months that I fixed and sold and now I have an 89 that I'm driving. My brother borrowed it and says he's gotta get himself one of them. So I found an 88 that the guy says will run and start just fine, then dies all of a sudden. I'll cut and paste his ad showing what work he's done.

"
-replaced starter and clutch
-replaced distributor and cap
-replaced fuel injectors
-brand new spark plugs and wires
-brand new ignition control module
-brand new MAP sensor
-brand new battery
-brand new fuel pump
-brand new clutch slave cylinder
-brand new ignition switch
-new gas tank, pump and sending unit installed in 2005

Starts right up and idles fine, idles for a couple of minutes and then fuel pressure drops and unable to drive, and yes I have checked this with a fuel pressure gauge. Checked everything else out except for pressure regulator and just don't have anymore time to put into it."

Could it be as simple as the fuel pressure regulator? Would it be worth having? Or does it sound like more headaches than one would want to deal with?

jhammel85

ah go for it. I would most likely start with the in line fuel pump on the frame of the truck (as opposed to the in tank). Fuel filters too!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals