• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wtf rockauto

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so i ordered a prebled clutch assembly from rockauto, and then i saw it was 130$ but i swore i saw it for 90$, so i searched 1994 mazda b4000, then i searched 1994 ranger 4.0, then i searched 1994 ford explorer.

the only part for the mazda is the ams unit at 120$
the explorer and ranger has 3 units available. the 90$, 120$, and 125$ options.

they use the same 5 speed so why doesnt the mazda show up with 3 options?

heavy breather

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to owning a Ford product. Where if it works great on Monday, they will change it to something worse on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey, they thought my F-150 used the same seals for the pinion as it did for the axle seals (IFS) That was a fun discovery after I dropped the front differential out of it...

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
They didn't bother to note that the 03 Lancer LS and ES use different front struts.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I just had an argument at Autozone over a wheel bearing and seal. I got the one that the computer listed for an 8.8 and it was way lots of too big. When I went back to get the correct one, the guy tried to argue that I must just not know what rear axle I have. Well, let's see... I pulled the tag off the diff that was marked 8.8, I had the axle open and could verify that way, not to mention all the RBVs I own, pretty sure I know what an 8.8 rear is, so the computer is wrong.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just had an argument at Autozone over a wheel bearing and seal. I got the one that the computer listed for an 8.8 and it was way lots of too big. When I went back to get the correct one, the guy tried to argue that I must just not know what rear axle I have. Well, let's see... I pulled the tag off the diff that was marked 8.8, I had the axle open and could verify that way, not to mention all the RBVs I own, pretty sure I know what an 8.8 rear is, so the computer is wrong.

had the same problem when i did my axle seals on my 8.8. in fact if memory serves the seals that ended up working were listed for an f150 with a 9 inch diff.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Others have told the same story. Bearing and seal would be for the 31 spline axle it was found out. Why don't suppliers have correct info.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

ive heard that one before. their catalog doesnt recognize the fact that ford built 28 spline 8.8's. they think all 8.8's are 31 spline, and the way to get the proper stuff is to tell them you have a 7.5

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Rock Auto is incredibly disorganized for certain things. For example I was looking for rust repair patch panels for my Explorer, and window seals for a couple other trucks. The patch panels come in several varieties from a couple manufacturers, and are listed in different categories but are the same exact thing. The ones that are in the correct section are also more expensive and a LOT more expensive to ship (from Canada!)

Window seals were the same story... some parts not listed, others in the wrong section, etc... frustrating

But I am sure they occasionally get Part A which fits vehicles 1, 2, and 3 but the manufacturer says it only fits vehicle 2, or some variation of that... so that's how it gets listed.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged

the 8.8 bearings and seals they sell are for a 31 spline. When you get axle seals and bearings for a Ranger 8.8 you have to just tell them its a 7.5 to get the right ones.

Assassynation

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Last week, I was looking for an under hood engine light bulb for my 87. O'Riellys tried selling me an turn signal bulb for a socket that wasn't invented in 87. The Bulb wasn't even an long life bulb.

I even searched the forum and it's not even listed here.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals