• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4" Lift Kits??

ThaBlueRidge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'90
Engine Size
4.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Are Rough Country and SkyJacker the only companies who make a 4" kit for our Bronco II's these days?? I was looking at a Tuff Country kit months ago but cannot find it anywhere. Has it been discontinued? Anyone know of a 4" middle-of-the-road kit?? :icon_confused:

ThaBlueRidge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'90
Engine Size
4.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks 4x4junkie. I knew it existed but I stumped myself by searching for only "bronco ii" kits. Sometimes its the simplest things...

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
James Duff stage 1 3.5 kit is pretty sweet too, especially for $600ish

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
Personally Skyjacker and James Duff are the better kits. Much better brackets with those. Have a Rough Country kit and I'm puling it out soon.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
James duff!!!!!!!!! And a fender trim.

I wish everyday I went that route

ThaBlueRidge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'90
Engine Size
4.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
James Duff stage 1 3.5 kit is pretty sweet too, especially for $600ish
Isn't their stage 1 only good for 3 inches? Regardless for 600 bones that AINT BAD considering its a meatier kit. I'd love to see one of their kits in person still.

Personally Skyjacker and James Duff are the better kits. Much better brackets with those. Have a Rough Country kit and I'm puling it out soon.
Ya, I pretty sure ima stay away from the RC kits. I WANT a JD or Skyjacker kit but MONEY IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS.
Anyone have experience with the Superlift?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I have the RC and it's okay.. Money talked when I was 15 and buying a lift. The RC is a decent lift for everything I've done. All of the lifts have to stiff of front coils.. And steering will have to be addressed.

But for the rocks and mud I've been in I've never messed up the RC. But the James duff is better. I'd spend the extra money

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
You are correct, James Duff has a 3" kit, which comes in Stage 1., 2, or 3. But they they have a 5.5" kit also which only comes as a stage 3. The price is comparable to skyjacker. Personally both Skyjacker and James Duff have the best brackets. There are plenty of people on here running either of those kits so hopefully they will chime in. What is nice about the James Duff kit is they are really intune with what alot of people are using their trucks for. They have alot of parts out and coming out that will allow people to do SAS easier. The coil buckets for their Kits will allow the use of early bronco coils as well as RBV coils. I'm going to be putting a JD 5.5 stage 3 on mine very soon, so I'll let everyone know.
Steering was mentioned by 4.0B2. That will definately be an issue. I'd highly recommend looking into the Stone Crusher Steering system. Call Anthony and talk to him about it, he was always glad to answer any questions or concerns I had. Mine was about 345 shipped, installation took about an hour then a good alignment. It works great, a substantial difference from the stock setup, in my opinion...the best kit available at this time.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have the Superlift kit. I like it, but I wish it came with new radius arms and not drop brackets.

94gexplorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i got the 3.5" jd coils and drop brackets made my own radius arms only thing i dont like is the coils are too stiff and they dont extend enough for my needs but they have good drop brackets

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Thats why we swap the coils out for xj coils! It works wonders. I've done it on a buddy's B2 and gonna do it to mine to

badnewsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a friend of mine and i built up his explorer by getting a six inch superlift lift for a ranger and a set of spring perches for a jeep when we were done it was worth it by just flipping the perches and adding two inch blocks in rear it now sits on a set of 37s and still has room could fit 39s easily only four door 5 speed explorer that i have ever seen that has 36 inches from bottom of front bumper to the ground moral can use a ranger lift and they are cheaper

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
I have the tuff country kit. It's okay. Miles ahead of the rough country kit. The coils are way too stiff however. If you have the cash, go Duff or Skyjacker.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals