• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Painting my interior, how much paint?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have some money left over from fixing my truck, so I'm sprucing up the interior to my tastes. I'm thinking red and black.

Anyway, for those of you that have done your interior, how many rattle cans would you recommend for a good coating and what brand of paint will work best but not put too big of a dent in my wallet? I was thinking Krylon Fusion, but I heard it doesn't hold up well.

I'm doing both door panels, the rear (super cab) the little plastic moulding on the seats (if I can't find black leather buckets to my taste) and the dash. Basically everything gray, is going black.

Also, if anyone knows of a good dye for carpet, let me know. I need to black that out too and I don't feel like paying out the rear for a new carpet.

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Before anyone says it, I have read the write up from Barrman, very good write up but I'm not looking for the "best" quality paint job, just a decent one.

marlow3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 331
Transmission
Automatic
why? unless it looks professional people are gonna just think it's gay and ricer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals