• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Memorial Day!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm really surprised and almost disapointed no one has brought it up. Lots are on here who served their country when they got no respect for doing in. Got way too many young ones out there doing the same thing today, just doing their country a great service. Yes, a day off, but sit down please and remember why - say a prayer even.
Dave of the Nord -- ER17760959 SIR

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I'm really surprised and almost disapointed no one has brought it up.
I was gonna do it Monday. But if you're gonna do it now, I'll do it now too.

Thank you to all our soldiers. Gentlemen, your service is greatly appreciated.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i agree mac!! i'm thankful for y'all everyday, not just memorial day. i'll always honor the troops by watching the "missing in action" trilogy

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Put my Flag up yesterday.
Told my good friend Dole how much I value having him as a friend,he ran the store before me and still works when I need him even after retirement.
He was a truck driver in Nam.........Glad he made it home.....I depend on him so much.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
>>>

THANKS to the ones that were prior to me, with me, and who picked up where I left off back in 92!

Last edited:

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
today I surprised my neighbors while they were gone,being that he's a retired Veteran I did my yearly good deed for someone that's a veteran. I mowed there 1/8 of an acre lawn for them. Barb showed up just as I was finishing & offered me a cold beer. I was completely done before Doug got home.

He was really glad to see it done ,but didn't know who did it & finally after he said to his wife that he was going to call a deacon at his church that has mowed his yard in the past to thank him for it she had to let him know that it was me.

He came over & thanked me so very much & also brought another beer with him & a cooked meal ,being that my girlfriend just had surgery on her arm on Friday that required a plate & 8 screws.

I really had to go over & thank Barb for the meal. I wish I could do something every day for a veteran,but I need to live my life also ,that's why each year I find someone in my neighborhood that is a veteran & do them a good deed.

Usually its mowing their yards ,but last year it was taking my 23 ton log splitter over to another neighbors house & splitting up about 2 cords of wood for him. THANK YOU, ALL MEN & WOMEN THAT SERVE THIS COUNTRY

Last edited:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
today I surprised my neighbors while they were gone,being that he's a retired Veteran I did my yearly good deed for someone that's a veteran. I mowed there 1/8 of an acre lawn for them. Barb showed up just as I was finishing & offered me a cold beer. I was completely done before Doug got home.

He was really glad to see it done ,but didn't know who did it & finally after he said to his wife that he was going to call a deacon at his church that has mowed his yard in the past to thank him for it she had to let him know that it was me.

He came over & thanked me so very much & also brought another beer with him & a cooked meal ,being that my girlfriend just had surgery on her arm on Friday that required a plate & 8 screws.

I really had to go over & thank Barb for the meal. I wish I could do something every day for a veteran,but I need to live my life also ,that's why each year I find someone in my neighborhood that is a veteran & do them a good deed.

Usually its mowing their yards ,but last year it was taking my 23 ton log splitter over to another neighbors house & splitting up about 2 cords of wood for him.
I need to be more like this. I have some older neighbors who I should be better about shoveling snow and mowing lawns for.

But really, my heart just swells when I think of all of the men and women in the armed forces who sacrifice their families so that I can be with mine. It takes someone very special to do that job. I feel almost ashamed to say I was not interested in joining when the recruiters called me some 18 years ago. But I am not ashamed to thank you all for the wonderful service you provide for me and my family.

THANK YOU!

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.

MarkB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
BII 2.8 Ranger 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Im with you Shane..
God Bless those that are serving, have served and for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice to make this country free.... God bless those men and woman so we can be with our families for burgers and hot dogs today, for being able to go to the church of our choice, for being able to say what we want when we want. We live in the best country in the world. Yeah even though our government is screwed up and who knows whats to come,,, Its not hard to walk up to these people who served and say thank you for what you did for me and say in your prayers, a thank you for the ones who arent here. Try it!!! it is very gatifying and may even make a new friend. That being said,,,

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND A BIG HANDSHAKE TO ALL OF THE ONES WHO SERVED AND CAN READ THIS!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I'm really surprised and almost disapointed no one has brought it up. Lots are on here who served their country when they got no respect for doing in. Got way too many young ones out there doing the same thing today, just doing their country a great service. Yes, a day off, but sit down please and remember why - say a prayer even.

Usually....everybody waits til memorial day...so don't be upset...I ain't.........

see above pic......my heroes.......

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Happy Memorial Day!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THOSE WHO FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOMS.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9v6
Transmission
Automatic
thank you all for serving past and present im thankful of every men and women who have defended this great nation !! im sure we all have friends and family who is in action or retired this day is for you guys THANK YOU !!! and every otherday .

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Thanks for bringing it up, all to many forget that today is
God Bless all who have died for are freedom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals