• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mosted redneck thing youve ever done with your ford ranger

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I think he means that the headlights themselves were straight in their mount, but the rear sagging caused the whole truck to point slightly nose-up.
yep and the adjusters were froze.

Charles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Damn, this brings back some memories.

I messed up the transfer case trying to climb a steep hill.

I about sunk it in a swamp with some other guys and their trucks playing" let's see who can get the furthest in the swamp."

Remember that scene in "Empire Strikes Back" when the x wing was sinking in the swamp? You get the idea.....

I was speeding one night,passed a cop (slow responding cop), luckily, we were at a location that had some powerlines so I turned off onto those after I saw him hit his blue lights and took off. He tried to follow....some. Luckily, it wasn't bad enough to get out and lock the hubs, but it made me sweat. I was worried I was gonna get stuck without being in 4WD. He gave it a hell of a try, I'll give him that!:icon_cheers:

I remember one time I had an F150 and got in a race with some jerks at a redlight. I could have sworn they flipped me off at the light. anyway, it was on like a chickenbone. We took off on a 4 lane. I buried the speedohmeter by the time we got to the next light, which converted to a 2 lane. I was laughing so hard when I blew past them (yes, they were racing too) and about sh!t myself when they turned on a blue light. I did not think it was possible for the human jaw to drop so far or to go from such a rush to such a sinking low.
They said they were doing 130mph when I passed them.

I could go on and on.....

One summer a friend of mine bought a car for $300. We spent a lot of time getting it running.
So, one night I had a date with a stripper, she was gonna hook him up too....
I had a quart of moonshine and the place, he had the car and the time.

Only he didn't have a license, title, insurance, or experience in playing it cool when the cops get behind you. He's too busy paying attention to the cop behind that he runs a stop sign.....hard. The 'shine splashes out all over the inside of the car....and us. his muffler falls off in the middle of the road, and the cop hits the blue light.....

But this wasn't in a ranger so....maybe I'll save the results for another forum.....:icon_rofl:

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
How the hell do they get them IN your airbox? o_O
There's a small circular hole at bottom of airbox, or they get in through my unscrewed airbox. The clips still work

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
the most redneck thing i've done is read threads you start.
^^What he said, Bro!!!...what are you...a Larry the cable guy? Jeeese Wheese?? Stay in school, Bro!!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I think he means that the headlights themselves were straight in their mount, but the rear sagging caused the whole truck to point slightly nose-up.
You should still be able to turn the headlights down and make them point in the right spot. Unless the springs were so bad they maxed the downward adjustment, at which point it probably wasn't safe to drive anyway.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Much humor has been derived from reading this thread, good job! lulz....

The most redneck thing I've done in my Ranger? That would probably be throwing some mud tires on a bone stock 2wd Ranger and taking it into Wellsville with TRS several years back. Oh, yea, the truck was nearly brand new too, lol.

Oh, yea, and when I got back to college (after being stopped by a cop who made me clean my lights and plate off, lol), I put it on display. So much for the pretty pavement pounder theory.....

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
Small acorns, it's weird. Maybe they hang out there in the winter... Hopefully I dont go into squirrel lock.
Alright, do you have ot be a Premium Member to sig someone 'cause this one is "worthy".

4x4mike2004

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.squirill
Transmission
Automatic
^^
Thats what she said.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals