Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
rangerenthiusiast

Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Custom
rangerenthiusiast is on a distinguished road
Default Cant Embed Photos?

Anyone know why I can’t embed photos in my threads so that they show up without the reader having to click on a link to another site like my Google drive?

I tried uploading pictures through my User CP here, but they fail every time. I used preview to shrink the file size well below the size limit stated on the site, with no luck. Also tried using a few different file types (jpg’s, jpeg’s, tiff’s, etc). Nothing works. What’s the trick?

Thanks.
rangerenthiusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 20B2FF503DCF74 Expires: September 28, 2018
Old 06-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '80
Vehicle Make: Ford, GMC
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Ranger, Grumman Kurbmaster
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, Work
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

The way I've learned to shrink pics to upload to TRS is to use Paint and use a %. I use 20% for my pics and that works, but your photo size could be different from mine.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Wasting time
BlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant future

Are you using the bbcode for images? [IMG] url goes here [/IMG] ?

Also, sizing them to 1024 or 1200 in width will display the best on most peoples monitors. The file type doesn't matter as long as the image hosting site allows it.

1989 Ranger build - 4.0 swap, 7.5, Dana 35, 4.56 gearing, Lockers, 5" lift, Electric power steering

1976 Fiat Abarth 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.
BlackBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Are you using the proper tags?

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Hunger looks very much like evil from the wrong end of the cutlery.
I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

BlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant future

I got this image of yours to work like this

Take the url:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/fr...=w1664-h940-rw

And place it inside the bbcode tags like this
[IMG] here [/IMG]

1989 Ranger build - 4.0 swap, 7.5, Dana 35, 4.56 gearing, Lockers, 5" lift, Electric power steering

1990 BII-R.I.P.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
4x4junkie
Mall-Rated

Vehicle Year: 1990,1994
Vehicle Model: Bronco II, Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Crawling over things
4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold4x4junkie is a splendid one to behold

^^
No workie.
Seems like the problem is on Google's end (there's no pic... if you see one, then it's only because it's already in your local browser cache).

I've been seeing many people use imgur.com with good results nowadays. I recall imgur had something in their policy they didn't want people remote-linking, however (without refreshing my memory) I think it might've been only for commercial use (I'm sure if they didn't want anyone at all remote-linking, they'd do the same thing Photoshitbucket did to all of us last year).

I use supermotors.com

Have you read through this thread?
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=172923

'94 Ranger XLT
6" Skyjacker, ARB D44 front, Detroit 8.8" rear, Atlas 4.3, 33s

Last edited by 4x4junkie; 06-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.
4x4junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
rangerenthiusiast

I feel like we live in a technological Stone Age. I totally get that folks need to make money and storage isn’t free. But it has become incredibly cheap, comparatively speaking. During the decade or so that I worked in TV post production, I watched the cost of storage drop exponentially, while capacity followed an inverse curve. Sorry to bitch, but not being able to embed pictures in 2018 without jumping through hoops, paying a fortune, or writing code for a living is just f@cking ridiculous. Thanks for listening to my rambling diatribe. Sorry to waste some minutes you’ll never get back.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #8
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerenthiusiast View Post
I feel like we live in a technological Stone Age. I totally get that folks need to make money and storage isn’t free. But it has become incredibly cheap, comparatively speaking. During the decade or so that I worked in TV post production, I watched the cost of storage drop exponentially, while capacity followed an inverse curve. Sorry to bitch, but not being able to embed pictures in 2018 without jumping through hoops, paying a fortune, or writing code for a living is just f@cking ridiculous. Thanks for listening to my rambling diatribe. Sorry to waste some minutes you’ll never get back.
Just create an imgur account and upload them there. I've been using it for years without any issues.

1990 BII-R.I.P.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #9
rangerenthiusiast

Sorry guys, I was ranting. I’ll figure it out eventually.