• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

$20,000 and it doesn't even have a cd player???

clvanhorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/2691090101.html

not sure if anyone has already posted about this truck, but i just keep thinking to myself, how in the world did someone spend 20 grand on this??? there are a lot nicer trucks on here that ppl have built themselves for a quarter the price!

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Spent 20k on it and couldn't use anything more than lift block in the rear :nono:

clvanhorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
spent 20K on it and has the exhaust hung by the receiver hitch? #tacky/ugly

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Spent 20k on it and couldn't use anything more than lift block in the rear :nono:
It is just one block and it isn't huge, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It is missing the ear to catch the bumpstop though but with the lift it might not even be an issue anyway.

spent 20K on it and has the exhaust hung by the receiver hitch? #tacky/ugly
Aside from the price and the wimpy tires that is about all I can really fault it on, based on the provided pictures. I would get another door for the cowl, move the front bumper up like I did mine and chuck that A/C heater box as far as I could since it isn't being used anyway but that is fairly minor stuff.

It is kind of funny that people think a vehicle can be possibly fully restored and still worth $500. On the other hand you can never plan on getting out of a vehicle what you have in it. This is an estate thing and the relatives are out to get as much as they possibly can out of it.

It is very obvious somebody dropped some major coin in the thing. I think my mere 302 swap ran about $3k by itself, then start figuring in D60's, paint and restoration inside and out... it will get steep. It is terrible how fast things add up. Hidiously so if you can't do the work yourself.

I do like the rear drain plug clearance without the stupid TTB bracket in the way though...

Last edited:

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it sits to high. Take the BL off and than head to the woods

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
not for 20 grand. sorry ........ but not on any planet is that worth 12 grand let alone 20. Maybe 10g if I had the cash.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
people still use CDs? mabey its just me, but aftermarket H/Us just done seem to fit into a gen1 interior...

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
It is just one block and it isn't huge, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It is missing the ear to catch the bumpstop though but with the lift it might not even be an issue anyway.

Aside from the price and the wimpy tires that is about all I can really fault it on, based on the provided pictures. I would get another door for the cowl, move the front bumper up like I did mine and chuck that A/C heater box as far as I could since it isn't being used anyway but that is fairly minor stuff.

It is kind of funny that people think a vehicle can be possibly fully restored and still worth $500. On the other hand you can never plan on getting out of a vehicle what you have in it. This is an estate thing and the relatives are out to get as much as they possibly can out of it.

It is very obvious somebody dropped some major coin in the thing. I think my mere 302 swap ran about $3k by itself, then start figuring in D60's, paint and restoration inside and out... it will get steep. It is terrible how fast things add up. Hidiously so if you can't do the work yourself.

I do like the rear drain plug clearance without the stupid TTB bracket in the way though...
I guess 1 small block isnt to bad. My two older brothers have pounded the idea that block are bad no matter what. I would think with 20k put into it he could use some different leaf springs or something instead of blocks.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Other than the body lift, I think it looks nice. It seems clean and rust free, hell, I would rock it

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
people still use CDs? mabey its just me, but aftermarket H/Us just done seem to fit into a gen1 interior...
If you don't use the trim piece then it fits. Looks bad, but hey, you got a good radio.

It does look like it has 3/4 ton axles.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
It is nice looking, I would take off the bl and redo the rear suspension and get rid of the ugly red interior....but it ain't worth no 20K!!!!!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Id just get some MT tires and rock it :headbang:
and maybe find a way to put a better headunit

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A lot of aftermarket HU's don't "fit" into a first gen RBV. "Fit" as in they have the simple look of the truck, most are so stinkin blingin' with a lot of chrome, blue and purple lights.

I have had three aftermarket HU's in my '85, I always thought they looked pretty good.

I guess 1 small block isnt to bad. My two older brothers have pounded the idea that block are bad no matter what. I would think with 20k put into it he could use some different leaf springs or something instead of blocks.
You can spend as much $$ as your little heart desires on a brand new stock Super Duty with a block in the back.

2813josh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6,4.0
Transmission
Manual
That's a damn good lookin rig, except for that hideous red interior. I still don't know what Ford was thinking with that....and yeah the body to frame gap I don't really care for. ...almost too nice to wheel, especially with a 20k price tag

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals