• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rangers don't drive so well with 3 wheels.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Holy dead thread Batman

Randy960

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What do you mean? This only happened 3 years ago. On a serious note, thanks for reminding me that I need an inspection soon.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i mount my own tires and stick them on the truck myself..

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
My family owns a shop and we do tires too so i don't take my vehicles anywhere. But seriously the whole demanding to see your vehicle when it's being worked on pisses mechanics off, how would you like it if i demanded to be there when you make my Big Mac. You are not even suppose to think about working on a car if a customer is in the shop, which slows down the progress and loses money for the mechanic. Most mechanics are more than happy to tell you what they are going to do before hand, and if you want to double check it later go for it but let the man/woman do there job.
Also always double check your lug nuts after having tires removed (they do ocassionally work themselves loose after driving, plus some idiot might not have tightened them to begin with) and check you fluids after having them changed (they do bleed down ocassionally, plus some idiot might not have filled them back up)

If you don't trust the person in the shop with your vehicle find another place to have it worked on, or buy the tools and do it yourself.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
crazy. the local shop torques them, then the boss comes out with another torque wrench to check they are to spec, and signs off.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i think the moral of the story is if you pay someone to do mech work, check it out afterwards...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
when i get tires i pull them off whatever vehicle, leave it sit on blocks in the driveway, then drop off the wheels at a pep-boys (or wearever) then return for the tires later, gets around the hassle of "the tire you requested isnt the size that came on the car b.s." no car, no tire size debate, the backstory to this is that i took the taurus to a wal-mart, certian tires were on sale, i picked one and yes it wasnt the exact size as what came on the car, but close. it came factory with 205-75-14's the tire on sale i wanted was a 205-70-14, close enough for me. they gave me that line of "cant do that" after the car was up in the air with all 4 tires off and dismounted from the rims, i told them, put it all back the way it was. they did and i drove off without having to pay anything. pulled the tires off the car the next day and dropped the wheels at sears, came back in a hour and picked up my new assemblies (and the old casings, not paying a $5 per tire disposal fee) i could understand a shop having a issue with going a extreme size difference, but from a 75 to a 70 profile, that wouldnt even affect the speedometer. plus id rather torque my own wheels, some shops go overboard with the air tools and you cant get them off if you have a flat, ive had that issue more than the "too loose" problem. last set of tires i bought i had dropped off bare rims at a pep boys, checked the bill before i paid and yep, they tried to charge a "disposal fee" gotta pay attention...

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
I must be lucky. I have never had the "Thats not the size your truck came with" argument. I buy all my big tires (35's anyways) from Big O and they have done a great job to this point. I usually stand in the back, off to the side (out of everyone's way), and they get them done pretty quick. They usually don't like having to mount and balance the BOGGERs, but they do a great job for me

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Most places don't make the different size argument if you buy a whole set, we do mostly used tires and we don't even look at what the vehicle came with we go with what is on it. For obviouse reasons we won't put different size tires on 4x4s, front of front wheel drives,.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals