• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Who gives your crap about driving a Ranger and why?

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Yeah it seems women are the ones who give the most grief to ranger owners. I have had ex's complain that it's ugly and loud but ya know what there all long gone and the truck hasn't left me or let me down but once so they can piss right off. Also I think it's any project truck that your wrenchin on women dont like well same as before they're gone and it's still here so I dont care. I had one friend give me crap all the time about it until he Drove mine for a few days then he offered to buy it from me.

Bjorn Toulouse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My response to anyone casting aspersions on my ride:

"DooD, if me driving a xxxx offends you, Please feel free to buy me whatever you think I should be driving!"

Rex

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
We were wheeling in Buena Vista, Co one time. My normal partner broke the steering box on his Ranger. I told him , no problem, send the rest of the group on up the trail and we would run back into town and get a new box. We load up in my Explorer and on the way out, we pass a bunch of JEEP guys going in. We didnt know it at that time, but they were dogging on my Explorer really bad.

We get the new box, drive back in to the Ranger, fix the steering and catch up to our group (somebody had slipped off a roack and bent their rear driveshaft, stopping all movement on the trail). The Jeep group was there, and we finally hear all the B.S. they were saying about my Explorer. All I had to say was , "Yeah, but this is only my second trip in, TODAY". They were actually pretty decent group. Not really hateful, just some good natured ribbing. I usually hear all about wheeling the "grocery getter" or the "mom soccer-mobile". Doesnt bother me though. After they watch it work, the comments usually stop. Pic for attention....

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I like the older RBV's and I swear at some point I will get me another 80's ranger. I love my 88 Bronco 2 and here for the past few months I've been using it as my DD. Nope really don't give a shit what others say...like someone else mentioned those who do bitch I tell them if they will pay all my bills they can buy me what they think I should drive, until then they have absolutely no say in what I drive.

Sure I've dumped money into my Bronco 2 but I bought it and I sure as hell didn't buy it to be a lawn ornament so it got a rebuilt transmission, and some other engine and suspension work done to it while it was at the shop. I really enjoy driving it and will do so for many more years.

Assassynation

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The prices on vehicles today is outrageous. Drive it off the lot and its worth 1/2 of sticker price.

None of the current SUV's are worth looking at.
I must be the exception. I bought a 08' F150 60th ann. for $28500 OTD... 3 years and 30,000mi later traded it in for $26,500. I scored during the recession and a bedload of money off. I loved the truck but it was too pretty to off road. I traded it in because of said trade in deal, and that the left engine bank had a huge oil leak that the 5.4's are known for, and I got tired of spending $150wk in gas.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I get quite the opposite. Just yesterday I got a "beautiful classic" compliment.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals