• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Been awhile... yeah, i still have my ranger

trader007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My poor truck!

Someone hit it last night! Front corner of the bumper is smashed in, and they got the side marker lens too... whole valance is hanging down and rubbing on the tire... it looks like someone badly misjudged backing out of a parking stall. I didn't even realize it was messed up until today when I went grocery shopping.

had this thing 12 years and never any significant body damage.... this sucks. i see new bumpers/valance kits are only like $200... but i dont think its worth it for a truck with 300k miles. ill just take the bumper off and smash it back to shape with a hammer, and bondo/spraypaint it. What a ****ing pain in the ass though... last few weeks I have been investing into the mechanics of this thing just to keep it going for another year, then this happens.

cp2295- you say its easy to check the c clips, and im sure it is... but then you list a whole bunch of warnings lol. Whatever, I probably will follow your cues, because it's something that could possibly be dangerous if they are indeed bad. I know everything else on the truck is solid- the trans, the front wheel bearings and suspension... even the rear suspension has been redone... but I do worry about the rear axels falling out.

As far as the camber/caster on the front, all I am doing is using a tape measure and my phone for a level (they have apps for that). It wont be perfect, but it will be dramatically better than what I have now, which is a catastrophic event every time I hit a bump... it's like I see a bump in the road, and I instinctively grip the wheel hard and hang on for dear life.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals