• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

motor mounts V8 conversion

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,

In the middle of throwing a 1997 mountaineer V8 into a 2000 ranger that had a 4 cyl, the ranger is coil springs and 2WD, mountaineer was AWD as usual.

I have been reading on V8 conversions for years and from what I could find you are supposed to use the mountaineer mounts on the ranger.

I bought new mountaineer mounts to keep from having to remove them from the mountaineer.

Pulled the ranger mounts, the pin hole is on the wrong side for the monty mounts so I drilled a hole.

With the new mount sitting in the ranger frame it tilts toward the engine compartment obviously the wrong angle.

Has anyone had to deal with mounts from a 1997 5.0 on a ranger 2000 2wd frame?

Last edited:

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Alrighty, once I figured out the search criteria was able to figure it out.

Yl5Z-6038-CB Passenger side mount
Yl5Z-6038-CA Driver side mount

These are for a 4.0 does anyone know if they are for a 4.0 ranger or a 4.0 expo/monty?
Found it, these are explorer mounts.

And I need 2 plates which I now have prints to.

All is good.

Last edited:

llface1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Yes i had the same kind of problem with my 89 bronco 2. i was putting in a 97 explorer with 4r trans. i had to drill new holw for my mounts but i got the swap kit mounts from advanced dapt for 100 bucks. i mounted the motor and trans then installed them with mounts and adaptors for trans and motor. bolted the trans in that way i new where to drill my holes for my motor mounts. took the motor and trans back out drilled the holes then installed it. and bolted it all in... that way workd for me

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals