• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

no power to fuel pump

oilbased

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry TxGasRacer, I went back and reread and now I understand.

oilbased

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Found a great site for wiring/ground diagrams on another website.

Go to www.bbbind.com .

Select TSB Database, then Wiring Diagrams. Enter your truck info. From there you can choose what Category you need. It's all there, including wire colors to help you trace problems.

oilbased

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Finally got her running today. I found out that besides the ECM issue, I also had two ground(no-ground) issues. I packed the ecm connections with dielectric grease because they looked a bit corroded. That didn't fix my problems but it couldn't hurt. I then went hunting for ground connections and other problems. I found a connector that had two ground wires in it and give it a good coating as well, and one broken(2 or 3 strands of wire still attached) ground. Did the necessary repair and things started clicking (relays).
Got in to crank it and still no go, so I tracked the power to the inertia switch, but not out. So I jumped the connector and it started right up an ran very smooth. So I pulled the inertia switch and it had popped. I thought what the hell because I know that I had pushed on that thing at least 5 times when checking things out.
Long story short, after I got the thing out and sat down to look for a good price on one, I remembered that thinking that the ball had got stuck or something I had hit on it a few times and that's probably the reason it had popped. So I'm going to test it tomorrow and if good, put it back in.
I want to thank those that responded to my post. RonD, you the man.
And a little more advice if anyone wants it. Get all electrical diagrams, including grounds when it comes to head scratchers. Pull apart connections and lather them up with the dielectric grease even if they test good. It will be time well spent. Also, pull those connectors that the relays go into and make sure they aren't spread to far apart from years of use or abuse.
Beers all around. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals