• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

resume help.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Should be a min of at least 3 long term jobs to reference. In my own opinion? Some can be in different areas then you are applying for. You want to show a good track record of sticking with a job to a goodly amount of time. As an employer? I get fully turned off by app's and resume's that show a fistful of jobs, all lasting under 60 days each. That tells me the applicant either won't commit to being around after training, or loves to job-hop. (grabs a job...another one comes along..quits and takes it....rinse and repeat) It's a full waste of time/$$ for an employer. If you can't do 3 long term jobs due to your age/time spent in the workforce? We do take that into consideration.

Never EVER throw your former employer under the bus. Even if you feel you've just been screwed over by the WORST!!....Pissing and moaning about it in any form will have an effect on perspective employers. If you quit due to getting the shaft? Just list "Left due to personal reasons/disagreements"..And if asked during an interview? Be as non-passionate about it, just the facts without getting emotional. I know it's hard, but going off on a former employer? Shows a lack of mature thinking we look for. (vent elsewhere....not at your interview)

Keep a resume' to ONE page ONLY! Short and Sweet. And as odd as it seems? Use a normal 'font', and lightly colored paper. It makes your resume' stand out a bit from the other plain-jane white ones. Most of us managers/admins get anywhere from 30 to 100 app's and resume's when we put the hiring sign out. No kidding--we spend all of 3 minutes average looking over your information/resume'. Make it COUNT!

S-
This is great info on the interview process as well. It's always best to hear someone say they left their old job for a better opportunity instead of a rant about "they hated me" and "I got railroaded". I forgot about the color of paper and use of font. Comic Sans is not a professional font, and I would suggest going plain white or an off white.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
That might even be true for flipping a burger, that is if you don't flip burgers the way they want you to do it LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a procedure for that.

Only include jobs that are relevant to the job you are applying for; only put jobs that aren't related if that's all you have to put down. Just need to try and sell yourself - they are hard to write (like nails on a chalk board). Start with a basic draft and have a few people look over it for you, tweak it in. The information on it should be focused on the job you are applying for, why you are the right person for the job.
They do have a procedure for flipping burgers, lol, not that I ever worked for a fast-food joint. I was trying to use a bit of sarcasm.

Smokeater, that doesn't look half bad for a resume.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals