• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 2.9l to replace the 87 2.9l fuel pump relay is not sending power to inertia switch

McM81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
87 2.9l swapped out to an 88 2.9l need some advice

HI Good day, I'm new to the site, I like it. I know that you will get me back on the road. I'm swapping an 88 2.9l into my 87 bronco2witch had the same power plant. Does the ecm brain computer and harness follow that 88, I know that 88,89 didn't have the EGR thing going on. I put my 87 manifold TB and injectors. removed the egr valve put a plate on it and plug the exhaust, this is where I get !!@#@#$$%^up. my fuel relay is giving me trouble I can't get any power at the fp and I checked the inertia switch dead also , so I ran a hot jumper into that . I also would like to know where the 2 vacuum lines go that are at the bottom of the air filter box. one comes from the manifold to that base but which one and then from that one where. also we still utilize the map sensor ? does the fuel canister still plug in under the tb between the pvc and crank breather. where having a hard time to get it to run or stay running so any advice is a good thing if someone there has a step by step way of smooth transition I'd jump for joy thanks so much ,gizzaf:icon_confused::icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals