• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wheel Bind

sv650andy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I finally got under the old Bronco II yesterday, and it does appear to have all the correct dropped radius arm brackets, and the drop pitman arm. So I am going to assume it is an alignment issue. I will let you know once I get one done if it seems to fix the problem!

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you happen to check the backspacing on the wheels? i ran into a guy a couple of weeks ago that had the same thing happening. He was stumpped since he checked everything as you have. We were looking at it and I noticed his aftermarket whheels seemed wide, but not sticking out much. Sure enough, when we measured, they were kind of shallow on the outside, but the backspacing was deeper than normal. (I'm sorry, but I don't recall the measurements, we were comparing to my stock rims.)
Anyway, for a great referance, there is a tech page on this under Tires and wheel section....

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
did someone tell him about the drop steering components? if his steering is binding it could cause the crappy alignment, and the Tech shop won't be able to do anything for him.

check this out http://www.superlift.com/accessories/superunner.asp

I agree on the back spacing as a possible issue, but with the larger tires it may not be a back spacing so much as a clearance issue. TTBs when turing the wheels actually camber out and go all weird on you... so they could be catching the drop linkages..... but then again, without photos we can't help you except with speculation.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals