• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

doubler

rangerworks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've seen on here posted about dd machine doublers,I would like some more info on these anyone got any??????

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
What do you want to know?

It's a very basic kit to facilitate bolting two cases together, comes with a solid one-piece shaft. You have to supply the case though, and do a small amount of welding on the aluminum.

I have the kit in my BII. Very happy with it. Assembling it was a bit tedious however, and the fill level plug on the block plate is too low (but you can't get to it with the cases assembled anyway, so that becomes a moot point).

Last edited:

notstuc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'm in the middle of building one now.. fairly simple concept and lucky me i had an extra case sittin around. the 1350 and 1354 have the same planetery gear set and plate so their interchangable. duffy at d.d. machine is very knowledgable of the build process and sells the kit. he's a bit interesting to get a hold of but once i did i ordered one for 514 after tax. he says the kit is boxed and ready to go and it's been a week so i should have it any day now 1-360-779-2500 is the contact number located in washington

rangerworks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanx

thanks for the info guys,i've got about 8cases laying around so if i can get me a kit i'll be good to go,,somewhere

notstuc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
jus got mine today from d.d.. it comes with EVERYTHING plus clocking ring. took a week to get. totally worth it

rangerworks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how complete?

how complete is this kit,and does it come with any kind of warranty one anything

notstuc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the plate is fully machined holes cut... threaded and the nesessary bolts will sit flush with the plate so there's no grinding for clearence. the clocking ring is the same..... one piece shaft( pretty heavy n solid too) all the nesessary hardware and bolts as well.

notstuc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ah! forgot to ask about the warranty but i've heard he's pretty confident about the shaft..... like if you break it and send it back to him he'll replace it but dont quote me on that. thats all hear say i read

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
ah! forgot to ask about the warranty but i've heard he's pretty confident about the shaft..... like if you break it and send it back to him he'll replace it but dont quote me on that. thats all hear say i read

If you avoid running the doubler in low and t-case in high, you'll never break his shaft.

rangerworks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
shaft

so pretty much if you throw to much to it ,the shaft will break,bummer,cause around here i use my high range just as much as the low

notstuc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you can rig up a shift design to shit the two cases together.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
so pretty much if you throw to much to it ,the shaft will break,bummer,cause around here i use my high range just as much as the low

ANYTHING will break if you throw too much at it.

You can still use single low range: you just put the transfer case in low, and the doubler in high. You don't put the doubler in low and t-case in high, as this multiplies the impact on the shaft. Both options yield the same gear ratio.

rangerworks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
?///

MY set up now i have a flange adapter going to a 2nd whole t-case,I have got by with running the front case in low and the 2nd in high for going on 2years now,with no breakage,but it's a long set up,i have the wheel base to run it but i'm wanting to shorten it up when i upgrade axles and more lift and at least 42's,just trying to get it a little simpler underneath,took about 7months to get this set up to work right

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals