• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Its always the little things.

Observer

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Im on the final lap of my cab-back resto on this truck and its been a heck of an experience.. Ive learned a LOT about it in the process but im running out of steam. :sad:

Some parts were missing/damaged when I bought the truck and a few have gone missing during the project.

The final things i need are:

-Diff flange to axle bolt (1 missing when i got home. Others have been threadlocked to prevent that again)
-That bolt holding brake lines to rear axle.
-Fuel tank straps were rusted to hell(truck is a 92 so no recall for me)
-Bucket seat to floor bolts for passenger seat
-lower Rear shock bolts to axle (gremlins took them)
-Axle vent tube (only came with a stub about 1" long)
-Master cylinder (pedal sinks to floor after bleeding)

I searched the garage for the missing things, cleaned up and still no dice. So if anyone knows a cheaper source than ford plz help me out!! Ive spent far too much there already.

Pics of the completed restore will be posted after im done, ive kept the camera handy for most of it! :icon_cheers:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
99% chance your master has air in it, and is not bad.

DSD

Canada Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Rangers
Engine Size
3.0l and 4.0l
Transmission
Manual
A-Scott Discount 10731 120th Street Surrey, BC V3V 4G5, Canada there part of Ralph's Auto Part's it says they got a 92 and a 93 there ..

Observer

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The master did let the pedal sink even before i opened up the system.. but ill give it another bleeding and see. They dont cost that much but itd be cool if something didnt need fixing! :)

That junkyard is kinda far from me, but if i cant find anything local ill make a trip there, thx!

I also found a mention of using bulk rubber fuel line for the axle vent tube.. does anyone know the diameter by chance?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Sounds like my experience...but my build lasted 5 years and I moved a half dozen times before I really had to "get it together"...

I lost more parts and lts than I can count...including my smog pump and bracket...

A trip to the junkyard can be move successful if you call them in advance and ask for the specific vehicle and how many they have in the yard...I've wasted more time driving to yards that say they have a vehicle only to find out it is not the right one...

In Ontario, for some reason, most yards are now scrapping vehicles older than 1998...some still keep a few of the older ones, but calling them will reduce your level of frustration considerably...

I try to get them on my side as much as possible...I need them more than they need me...lol

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
I'll send you this stuff for the cost of postage:
-Diff flange to axle bolt (1 missing)
-That bolt holding brake lines to rear axle.
-Bucket seat to floor bolts for passenger seat
-Axle vent tube (only came with a stub about 1" long)
I'd buy these new from LMC Truck.. I don't mess with old straps.
-Fuel tank straps

If you are interested, PM me. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume you got them elsewhere.

Observer

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Oh wow, I cant imagine moving that many times and not losing my entire truck somewhere along the line! And that is odd about them scrapping cars like that- better stock up before they start that here..

Ruffinit, thanks a million! Pm sent.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals