• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fogs & High Beams together

EricNobody

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
With that diagram, the high and low wires from the harness are substituted for ignition on, and in stead of 2 relays and circuits, you just use one

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
The factory fog lights already have relays powering the fog lights after the factory switch. So no other relays are necessary.

I also did not mention fuses because the factory fog light relay is already fused and the the factory park lamps (brown wire) is also already fused.

I mention this because my method is much more simple.

If I were adding fog lights then your method would be highly recommended

My 10-cents worth

EricNobody

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Agreed, I was unsure if the factory fogs were relayed and fused. Either way, he can divert an acc on wire to the existing relay and use a toggle between source and relay.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
No, no, don't want to blind other drivers. I live where the deer are thick, the roads are dirt, and where few people live and drive. I just want to see better at night is all. I'd like full control of my lights. Maybe I'll add some driving lights, wire them up to a toggle and fire them up when needed.
I know the area where you live. I haven't been up to Tioga in a few years, but I used to go up to Wellsboro every so often. My point is more that if you do that you are gonna get shot down when inspection comes around, unless you are going to a lick-n-stick shop. Also, PENNDOT just sent out a thing about 2 weeks ago, cops are being told to crack down on lighting violations right now.

I'm just trying to keep you from doing something that is gonna get you a ticket. Or at least let you know the risk is out there if you do do it.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Daytime running lights, fog light restrictions, not impressed with these invasions into my vehicle.
Well, when you also own the road and don't have to share it with anyone else then you can make your own rules. Until then your right on the public road end where the saftey rules made for the greater good start. Don't like it, don't drive.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, when you also own the road and don't have to share it with anyone else then you can make your own rules. Until then your right on the public road end where the saftey rules made for the greater good start. Don't like it, don't drive.
It is a stupid law that has NO logic behind it. You can only run your brights when you are not meeting other vehicles. You can run your fogs when do meet other vehicles. There should be no great crime in running your fogs with your brights. Nobody you meet will be cussing out your fogs over the high beams.

The simple solution is the put a toggle switch in there for the nanny police if they have to nit pick your ride so you fogs do not come on with the high beams everytime they are on. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea anyway in case there is a situation you wouldn't want them on. It wouldn't exactly be rocket science to unplug them for inspection either.

If they are going to get their panties in a wad about fog lights they really need to start cracking down on the lights they are hanging on these newer cars/trucks...

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know the area where you live. I haven't been up to Tioga in a few years, but I used to go up to Wellsboro every so often. My point is more that if you do that you are gonna get shot down when inspection comes around, unless you are going to a lick-n-stick shop. Also, PENNDOT just sent out a thing about 2 weeks ago, cops are being told to crack down on lighting violations right now.

I'm just trying to keep you from doing something that is gonna get you a ticket. Or at least let you know the risk is out there if you do do it.
Yeah I know, appreciate your concern. Not worried about inspections. Probly leave them as is.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ah, for the greater good. Don't forget that's it's also so we think of the children.

I like to have control over my vehicle lighting, for the very reason I'm not always on public roads, the truck is my private property, not the public's.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals