• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just bought a new Ranger... Well... B3000... Some questions inside

tampaRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hey all! Sorry if this thread is long winded, but here we go.

Just joined the forum as I picked up my first pickup EVER. I actually own a Honda S2000 and needed something to keep the miles off of it, move junk around for my house, and for my favorite hobby, scuba.

So I bought a 3.0 V6 1994 B3000 5spd with only 107k miles on it last night for $1500.

It does need some TLC, but the motor and trans run like a champ and is really quiet. I do have a few issues I want to ask about though:

1. The turn signals DO NOT work... I don't know if it's the actual stalk on the steering column, but I don't think it's the bulbs as the front, back, and dash lights don't respond and there is no "click, clack, click, clack" from the car... Relay of some sort?

2. The A/C is not working. Easy way to test the Compressor? Also is this R134a or R12???

3. The steering seems very loose, maybe I'm used to my S2000, but it seems like I can turn the steering wheel to about 30 degrees off center before I feel it turn... This could just be how these trucks are and I'm just not used to it.

5. Cluster Bezel is coming off and I think the clips are busted. I'm going to a junk yard on Friday to get a bunch of little plastic pieces and such so I can get a new one, just need instruction (link) on how to remove it without busting the clips.

6. The car idles very rough on COLD START, it will rev to 3k, then almost die, then back up and again for about 30 seconds. Ideas? I am throwing a code, but need instruction how to check the codes. Once it warms up it runs like a champ and no issues or any sounds.

Like I said, I'm going to the junk yard, so anything you guys can think of that I should replace would be much appreciated.

Also the truck as NEW clutch, starter, battery, water pump, and distributor box.

Last edited:

01b3000ds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
This is a truck, and will drive nowhere near your honda convertible. It'll take longer to go and to slow, wider turns...how's the higher Center of Gravity treating you?

wow, all those new parts...maybe a basic tuneup is in order? Plugs, wires, cap, oil change, air filter...

AC is another beast entirely. Take it to an AC shop and see how the coolant charge is might be a good first step.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals