• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LED lightbar bumper mounting

SilverStreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone,

Just joined recently and have already hit the intro posts. Glad to get a little info there already. Have had my Ranger for a few months now and am ready to start putting things on it that I want.

One of the things I miss from my old rig, a Nissan Pathfinder, was the LED lighbar I mounted to a angle brace that I welded onto the brush guard. So, naturally, I want that again. Here's my question: Has anyone attempted or looked into mounting a lightbar in the gap in the front bumper, right behind the front tag holder?

I'm off of work tomorrow and fully intend on spending some time looking it over. I think it'd be an excellent location, due to it low setting, and relatively hidden. If anyone has done it, send me pictures or post them here, along with a writeup. I am pretty mechanically inclined and enjoy fabrication. so throw anything my way and I'll find a way to make it work.

Thanks,
:beer:

momule

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Simple "L" brackets can be made that fit tween the bumper and grill and bolt to the frame in existing holes. Lots of us have done that instead of buying a bull bar or light bar and accessory lights work great there. Lots of write ups around if you do some searching.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals