• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Exhaust system's

2tonebrown1986b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there, just thought i should post this, i searched the forums (maybe not good enough) for this, looking for reviews or suggestions for replacing my stock exhaust system in my 1986 bronco II. Can seem to find a thread or any other site which discusses this topic.. any suggestions ?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
what's your plans for the truck?
wheeler? daily driver? or both?

wheeler--just bring it out in front of the tire, that way you don't have to worry about the axle flexing up to hit it

dd-- out the far rear, so its quiter and farther away from you

on my truck, a dd/ww, when i had the 2.9-- i had custom catback exhaust done, from the y-pipe to a single pipe and flowmaster 44 muffler to a y-splitter pipe to 2 tailpipes out the rear, w/ slash tips. sounded great.

when i did the 4.0 swap, i didn't like the sound of the flowmaster so i cut the muffler off and replaced it w/ all pipe! lol believe it or not, the 2.9 is louder than the 4.0

--you're proabably not going to find a premade kit for a b2... just take it to an exhaust shop and have them make one for it

clvanhorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my best friend had dual 44's on his ranger and i know a lot of guys like them because they are loud, but i personally thought it sounded really ricey, especially from about 2500 rpms on up. i have a 2.9 with headers, y pipe, gutted cats, and a thrush WELDED, NOT TURBO muffler from a parts store, dumped right infront of the rear tire. i love how it sounds. nice and quiet cruising but when you get on it, even for a 2.9, its got a pretty deep throaty tone.

Tb8983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Not big enough
Transmission
Manual
I have a magnaflow of mine 2.9 and doesn't sound bad at all not to loud(unless my foot is glued to the floor) and not to quite

2tonebrown1986b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
what's your plans for the truck?
wheeler? daily driver? or both?

wheeler--just bring it out in front of the tire, that way you don't have to worry about the axle flexing up to hit it

dd-- out the far rear, so its quiter and farther away from you

on my truck, a dd/ww, when i had the 2.9-- i had custom catback exhaust done, from the y-pipe to a single pipe and flowmaster 44 muffler to a y-splitter pipe to 2 tailpipes out the rear, w/ slash tips. sounded great.

when i did the 4.0 swap, i didn't like the sound of the flowmaster so i cut the muffler off and replaced it w/ all pipe! lol believe it or not, the 2.9 is louder than the 4.0

--you're proabably not going to find a premade kit for a b2... just take it to an exhaust shop and have them make one for it
It's going to be a daily driver.. cool, thanks for the info though, i was looking at some diagrams i liked the idea of the y split pipe going down to rear axel and another y pipe splitting into two would be sweet. however its not necessary haha. I figured there's not kits for the b2, and if there are, i'd probably want a custom one anyways... I'm going to look up those brands, thanks for all the responses everyone!

Keep em coming :D

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
the 44 didn't sound ricey on mine...
but i don't think the 2.9 should have true duals. you don't need duals on anything other than a v8 IMO

clvanhorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the 44 didn't sound ricey on mine...
but i don't think the 2.9 should have true duals. you don't need duals on anything other than a v8 IMO
how very true... unfortunately my buddy just bought the truck like that and didn't feel like spending money on re building his exhaust for something he only bought as a winter warrior... it was loud as hell but man when he passed me on the road it sounded like a pissed of bumblebee lol... maybe it was only because of the duals? because it does seem that many people like the sound of 40's and 44's on their rangers

also, i bought my headers and put them on, and then bought my muffler from an auto store, and to get some new pipe bent and everything welded nicely it only cost about 120 bucks, so if you can, do as much as possible yourself so the muffler shop can stiff you quite as bad.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals