• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

too much moisture?

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1994 mazda b4000, last summer the slave started acting up on the pickup, long story short, i pulled the transmission 4 times messing with it, and then i lost oil pressure. so i pulled the transmission again, and lifted the engine a few inches to get the oil pan off. i ordered a gasket and pump from rockauto and pulled the pan off. there was a hickup in the delivery of my parts so the pickup sat with the pan off for 2 or 3 weeks.

yesterday after putting it all back together the pickup wouldnt start. it normally fires right up. but it just kept cranking. i started it up right before i tore it apart and had no issues other than no oil pressure.

im asking too much moisture because the pickup sat in the garage where we do laundry, and it was in the middle of the winter.

just about everything i can think of is new. this weekend i was gonna have the girlfriend assist me with the compression tester and other trouble shooting stuff (fuel/spark)

any ideas?

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
update. i checked to make sure that the fuel cut off deal wasnt triggered, its fine. the fuel pump makes noise at key on, even after cycling the key like 5 times, it still wont fire up. i hit it with some starting fluid, and it tried to fire, till all the fluid was gone, and then it back fired into the catalytic converter. had a real wierd smell, with white-ish smoke.

good news is i have oil pressure again while cranking the engine.

im now assuming this is a fuel issue. im going to try disconnecting the fuel line's at various places to see how far it is getting. the pump, filter, and pressure regulator are 3 years old, but have less than 5000 miles on them.

Last edited:

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
twas the fuel filter, first time ive seen one plugged up enough to make a vehicle not start, ive seen a vehicle start but not move very well.

i dumped the fuel from the filter into a bottle and there are sand particles in it. so i guess ill be dropping the tank before to long, seeing as this filter has less than 5k miles on it, it must be picking up a lot of crap from the tank.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks for the updates.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals