• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One more 2wd 98 coil spring 5.0 swap.

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
I think you should. It really helps a lot. It keeps you motivated and moving forward every chance you get. Plus there are a lot of people here who can offer advice and solutions to problems as they arise. Often somebody will notice something in a photo that may not look completely correct. Then they will question it and get you thinking and suddenly you realize that it isn't right. Problem solved! Just by having another set of eyes looking at it.

Just did, thanks for all that the info you have posted, also i want to do the brake set up you have, who do i need to contact and i actually have the means to machine my own parts so even templets would help.

Sent from outer space.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Just did, thanks for all that the info you have posted, also i want to do the brake set up you have, who do i need to contact and i actually have the means to machine my own parts so even templets would help.

Sent from outer space.
Contact Chris.

caneighbors@hotmail.com

He can get you set up. I don't think he will release his plans to machine your own but to be honest his pieces are very affordable. You probably wouldn't save much doing it yourself.

Last edited:

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Can you send me the measurements/blue prints for the transmission mount adapter? Thanks
I wish I could. I don't have any plans or blueprints for the plate. My son gave it to me out of his V8 Ranger and I modified it slightly with the gussets. It is installed now so I am not able to take measurements at this time.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
OK no problems I'll figure one out haha thanks anyways
I didn't think the one my son used on his earlier Ranger would fit the 99 I have. I was prepared to toss it and mock one up with cardboard and a Sharpie. I test fit his after it had been sitting in my tool box for a couple years and it fit perfect. Everything bolted right into place. I just ended up adding the sides and the back to build in some rigidity.

mazdaman222

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice. Did you have to have a driveshaft built with the transmission pushed ahead with the plate?

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Nice. Did you have to have a driveshaft built with the transmission pushed ahead with the plate?
I have not got that far yet. I did take some early measurements just to get an idea and to get my mind working. It looks like the 99 Ranger drive shaft is to short, 3.0 V6, auto. The 98 Ranger looked pretty close, 2.5, 5 spd. (daily driver). I took the measurements before the trans was installed and before the final resting spot for the 306 was located. I will need to go back and get exact measurements before I will know for sure.

If memory serves me correct the first Ranger I owned used the stock drive shaft without modification. 93 Ranger 3.0 V6, 5 spd. Swapped 5.0L and T5 5 spd. stock length drive shaft.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Great work, looking forward to updates. Speaking of updates, I've got one too. Gonna hijack for a post, I decided to downgrade my 5.0...

Yep, $hit just got real.

SVT

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Great work, looking forward to updates. Speaking of updates, I've got one too. Gonna hijack for a post, I decided to downgrade my 5.0...

Yep, $hit just got real.

SVT
Oh Boy!

Down grade? Oh, you mean cubes. You will like that when it is done. Be sure and link us all up when you get going on it. I had one in my 98 BAB Cobra coupe. Love the low end torque on those.

Sharkin904

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So did you figure out your wiring for the two plugs? I'm there now, I've re-read this a few times to get the idea of it. Raining at the moment, looking forward to going under the hook and solving it. Besides that, waiting to get my keys programmed and I can try to fire it up!

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
So did you figure out your wiring for the two plugs? I'm there now, I've re-read this a few times to get the idea of it. Raining at the moment, looking forward to going under the hook and solving it. Besides that, waiting to get my keys programmed and I can try to fire it up!
Yep, got it all figured out. I still need to tie them in but at least I know where each wire goes.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
I didn’t want you guys to think I gave up! I took a little time off from working on the truck while I wait on tires. I could not resist today getting out there and washing the truck as it has been collecting a lot of dust under the cover. Before I knew it I was test fitting the new wheel spacers in an attempt to get the center caps to fit. I also went ahead and installed the front fenders (again) to get them off my wife’s sofa and out of the family room. I have included a few more photos just to keep things moving forward.

Here are the new 12 pt Stainless ARP fasteners I went with for the front fenders.

Here is the new clutch master cylinder mounted away from the fender in a location where fluid can easily be added when needed.

Just a couple shots with the fenders back on. Most of the engine work is done and not much leaning over the fenders should be required in the near future.

The center caps finally are able to be installed with the wheel mounted.

I still need to torque the front suspension pieces but everything is lining up very nicely.

Here are the last few misc. photos of the bunch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals