• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Members Helping Out Other Members

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Well as most people know I recently dropped in a 5.0 and my old motor and trans has just been sitting around collecting dust. A member on here that has a blown motor contacted me, I am withholding his name, that lives somewhat near by. We made arrangements to do the exchange and financial priorities on his end took priority. So me being the nice guy I am, I offered it to him with a signed payment agreement with collateral so he can get back on his feet so to speak. I would never do this for a complete stranger but since he is a member here I am willing to stick out my neck a little to help a fellow member out.

That is my good deed for another member. Lets hear what you have done to help out another member.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's what so great about the classifieds here, I've helped others out by selling parts extremely cheap,and buying fromothers for extremely cheap prices.

People helpin people,its a beautiful thing.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Defending someone with grammar and spelling deficiencies who was the butt of all ridicule. that has "putenchal" to get me flamed as well lol.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think a lot of people here would rather sell to someone on here than CL or E-Bay or the local classifieds. I've sold a lot of new stuff here and other sites for basically half off. I don't need it and they do. Alot of people will go out of their way to scan in some pages of info (wiring diagram for example) and pass it on. I loaned my CPS installation tool out to a fellow member here, ended up selling him a big ticket item and then turned around in a couple of months and bought his truck. We trusted each other with just a personal check. Always had a win-win situation in my cases.
Dave of the Nord

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
We're all family so to speak. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad. But, like Mac said, I would rather sell to someone on here who needs stuff and will use it than on CL or ebay.

That being said, I am looking for an aluminum 4 bbl intake for my 302 swap so if anybody has one sitting somewhere.....

Last edited:

lepp1892

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I sent Kyle M a shift linkage for a 1354 for shipping cost about 6 months ago... And it just so happened he had spring hangers that he sent me for shipping costs.

I will gladly help out anyone if they need it or even if they don't

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Topher and I exchanged bottles of local vodka. You all KNOW he needed help with his collection.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Speaking of this kind of stuff..... if anyone in Utah needs some E7TE heads (off of my Mustang), let me know. I'd love to see someone use them instead of sitting on my bench.

I also have an intake elbow and throttle/cruise cable bracket off of a 5.0 Explorer if anyone needs them for a swap.

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
We're all family so to speak. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad. But, like Mac said, I would rather sell to someone on here who needs stuff and will use it than on CL or ebay.

That being said, I am looking for an aluminum 4 bbl intake for my 302 swap so if anybody has one sitting somewhere.....
I have an older edelbrock dual plane.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not sure if they're of any use to anyone, but I have some stock front springs off of the 1979 F-150 4x4, and the stock EGR/Throttle body off of my '89 Mustang.....

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Well i dropped off the motor and trans tonight. He is a really nice guy and I think I made a good decision. He loved the fact that I have already done what he wants to do.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not sure if they're of any use to anyone, but I have some stock front springs off of the 1979 F-150 4x4, and the stock EGR/Throttle body off of my '89 Mustang.....
If you really want to get rid of that fox body . . .

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
-Nathan- regeared/rebuilt my rear diff a year ago. Didn't even know him nor see him in real life before I dropped my truck off to him. But I just kinda trusted him. Now in a couple weeks he is regearing and rebuilding my front diff amongst other things. All for a cost way cheaper then a shop would charge. All around swell guy. I wish I could help people out as much but I do not have a shop nor skills. Haha...I try to lend out knowledge from past experiences whenever I can tho

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
member or not-- always be careful and somewhat protect yourself. i know, i'm guilty to-- i would help out any member any way i could, and take their word on they would pay me when they could.. but the fact is- just because most of us are that way; doesn't mean everyone is.

i say this only b/c i got screwed on a local off road forum.. i helped a guy out b/c he was a member of the forum, then i never saw my money or anything. oh well, i did what i promised the guy i would do so.... screw it!

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I have a legal document with our signatures plus a witness. I tend to cover my ass in situations like this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals