• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door panels

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
When I bought my truck to start my project, it had apparently sat outside and the cruddy cardboard door panels had rotted out. So I havent had interior panels in about 8 months now. How hard would it be to put sheetmetal over them? I looked and it didnt seem too hard except for the window crank. Can the handle come off?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Yeah; should be just remove a Torx screw to pull the crank handle. Sorry; don't know what size off the top of my head.

irishblessing

yeah theres a clip on cover its a little hard to get off then under that theres a torx srew

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
Mine dont have a cover in the end of the handle. This is an 84. Are they all the same? I havent really looked at it very well yet. Just a torx head will let it come off?

So any comments or ideas on the sheetmetal idea?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, first gens don't have the cover.

Sheetmetal wouldn't be bad but it would get hot in the sun if you wear shorts, and you have to deal the with the sharp edges. Im my truck driverside panel is torn at the bottom and I am still trying to decide what I want to do with them myself.

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
I have lots of 1/4" aluminum I could do it with.....Road signs are a plenty round my shop. My truck has enough tint that amazingly it doesnt get hot inside and due to work shorts are out of the question.

irishblessing

Mine dont have a cover in the end of the handle. This is an 84. Are they all the same? I havent really looked at it very well yet. Just a torx head will let it come off?

look on lmctruck.com it should show how to take it off or buy a book from chilton or some company for your truck or look at them online

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals