• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Pricing and Online Build Released

faststang90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Actually 3.3 is the base engine.

One is the base model. XL is the lowest trim level for a Ford truck. Lariat is a higher trim with leather seats. The highest possible trim level for a Ranger. Within the top 2 or three levels for an F-150.

I don't know how else to put it, the trucks you are comparing are not fair to compare to each other.

Yes I know I’m just saying I ( me) would buy this truck before the ranger https://www.friendlyfordofcrosby.com/new/Ford/2018-Ford-F-150-crosby-tx-bd21f7ba0a0e0ae70ae069c05ba90f20.htm?searchDepth=1:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreme Thunder

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know how good the thing is working.

When you start out and select 4wd an XL starts out at $28,460. Hit configure and without doing anything else it pops up at $29,555 in the next window.

XLT - $31,940/$33,055
Lariat - $36,210/$37,305

Not sure why that would change without selecting something else. I can select/unselect cab config and 2wd/4wd and it changes before hitting configure.

There's also the lingering question about the actual price on the Build & Price system that 85_Ranger4x4 mentioned previously - the initial prices displayed when choosing a version is different than what you see afterwards. That would bring the Ranger to $28,460 base.
There is nothing wrong with the Ranger Build and Price Configurator, it is merely adding the $1,095 Destination charge once you proceed to Configure.

faststang90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here I changed it but for about 2,500 more you get a full size v8 truck

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The f150 I was looking at was just a xl stx

I priced an 4x4 F 150 much cheaper and found one with options. It wasnt an extended cab though or v8. I know people are trying to do the same options on the trucks. But I still think a regular cab F 150 xl 4x4 with 8 ft bed still beats an extended cab Xlt Ranger any day of the week. Speaking of which...whatever happened to the days that extended cabs were the rarity on the roads and Regular Cabs were what a truck was all about? Lol. I know..I know Extended Cab trucks are basically family vehicles now.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I priced an 4x4 F 150 much cheaper and found one with options. It wasnt an extended cab though or v8. I know people are trying to do the same options on the trucks. But I still think a regular cab F 150 xl 4x4 with 8 ft bed still beats an extended cab Xlt Ranger any day of the week. Speaking of which...whatever happened to the days that extended cabs were the rarity on the roads and Regular Cabs were what a truck was all about? Lol. I know..I know Extended Cab trucks are basically family vehicles now.
Before I got married my extended cab is where I kept my gun/bow out of weather and out of sight. Now it is where the dogs ride. More cab can be handy, it gets crowded with two people a lab and a cavapoo in my standard cab Ranger.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I think the kicker is ONLY one engine option. So no matter how you configure the appearance or capabilities, you only get the one engine. Why not a non turbo engine to bring costs down? Only one trans option too, come on, Do you 4x4 guys really need 10 forward gears, when 5 has worked for years? I know 10 gears give you better MPG's but so does a Standard cab because of less weight. Or a NA engine that doesn't boost performance.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think the kicker is ONLY one engine option. So no matter how you configure the appearance or capabilities, you only get the one engine. Why not a non turbo engine to bring costs down? Only one trans option too, come on, Do you 4x4 guys really need 10 forward gears, when 5 has worked for years? I know 10 gears give you better MPG's but so does a Standard cab because of less weight. Or a NA engine that doesn't boost performance.
I just drove an mainly offroad machine home that had 16 gears, had a turbo too.

I won't knock the 10spd yet, it is the same trans that is in the F-150 so in theory it should be way overbuilt for a 2.3 in a midsize.

The cool thing with the ecoboost is you get 4cyl mileage putzing around but if you need V6 (or really V8+) hp it is available. I say V8+ because it should have half again more hp than my 302 should have...

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
The 10 spd is probably a dope ass tranny, sure, but it should be an option, so we can afford a new ranger, give me a non turbo with a 5 spd @ $19,500. Whats wrong with that. 85% of all rangers were 2.3 with a 5 spd tranny.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Ass really:icon_rofl:Just most of the ones I see are 4bangers with 5sdp or Automatic with OD.
That is all you are going to see with the new ones. :icon_twisted:

FWIW once upon a time a turbo swap was a fairly common upgrade on 4cyl Rangers too. Many a Turbocoupe shed its engine to make the fire burn a little brighter in a Ranger.

Fleets really helped the base NA 4cyl sales. O'Reilly's and Orkin don't care how much power their delivery trucks have.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
So just come here and read all this if your thing is reading about people complaining nobody makes a vehicle specifically for them. Also come here if you like reading people's opinions who know nothing about the new transmission or the new 2.3.

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So just come here and read all this if your thing is reading about people complaining nobody makes a vehicle specifically for them. Also come here if you like reading people's opinions who know nothing about the new transmission or the new 2.3.
So no one's allowed an opinion??? Most car enthusiasts don't want to buy something they are unhappy with. I know more than enough people that will buy any crap on the lot because they feel they don't have any choice. The Ford Escape comes to mind. Ford is dropping the ball with Pricing, Aesthics, variety etc.The only teo vehicle that's worth buying from them is the Fusion and Regular Cab F 150.....IMO....the fusion will be gone soon as well. So we are left with some Butt Ugly vehicles.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
If you don't like and aren't interested in Ford vehicles, why are you here ?

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Why are you here if your only purpose is to troll threads?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals