• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 3 liter bad fuel injector

Dylan9302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1) 1998
2) 199
Make / Model
1)Mazda
2) For
Engine Size
1) 2.5L M 2) 3.0L A
Transmission
Automatic
Hi guys so my 2nd cylinder has a misfire and i think its the fuel injector. i tested the continuety and the bad one had none... So can anyone tell me years and models that will have the same injector as me...

As far as I know the Ranger, Explorer, and Taurus have the 3 liter but are the injectors the same...

Thanks Dylan

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Explorer has 4 liter. Escape has 3 liter. Can't help with information on injectors but you could try cross referencing part numbers on line.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The explorer never came with a 3.0, and the escape has the duratec DOHC 3.0 not the OHV Vulcan 3.0 that's in rangers. They are two very different engines, and as far as I know, share no components.
Since your truck is a 98, there were two injectors offered. It depends whether your truck is flexfuel or not. Flexfuel trucks had e-85 safe 24lb injectors while non flex trucks had 19lb injectors. New injectors can be found everywhere from dealerships to ebay.

Dylan9302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1) 1998
2) 199
Make / Model
1)Mazda
2) For
Engine Size
1) 2.5L M 2) 3.0L A
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so the explorer or escape dont have the same engine... does the taurus.. I cant afford a new injector so im trying to go to the local wreckers and buy a new rail with three on it... I no the taurus has a 3.0 so as long as it isnt the flex fuel one will i be safe... how do i no if mine is a flex fuel 3.0???

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You have to be careful with Tauruses/Sables because they came with both DOHC(the one that won't work) and OHV 3.0's (the one that will work). It's possible that both motors used the same injectors, but you'd have to do some research to know for sure.
You can tell if your truck is flexfuel by the 9th digit of the VIN. If its a U, then your truck is standard gasoline. If it's a V, then you've got a flexfuel truck. Flexfuel rangers usually have a small leaf sticker on the passenger side of the tailgate, and a sticker on the inside of the gas cap that says you can use e-85 too, but those shouldn't be trusted becasue they can easily be removed or added to a truck.

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
New Motorcraft injectors are about $55 shipped through Rockauto.

Dylan9302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1) 1998
2) 199
Make / Model
1)Mazda
2) For
Engine Size
1) 2.5L M 2) 3.0L A
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks stmitch... That's what I was looking for... I'm not looking for a new injector.. I don't want to spend that sort of money... So if it has the same 3.0 l engine will the injectors work???

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
Flex fuel injectors have a grey top, gasoline only have a green top.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals