• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Dad in Houston

guntemar

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So...I'm an old Ranger guy, I've owned 4 different Rangers of 1980's Vintage and my son has now purchased a '91 2wd, 4.0L, XLT extended cab. He bought it for $900 from the original owner's daughter after the original owner passed away.

It's been a bit...trying, after sitting untouched for 2+ years. Needed all new mirrors, new exterior door handles, a couple brake lines replaced, new tires, new rear brakes (drum, of course:temper:), needs a new back for the center "seat", it needs seat covers but I'm not willing to pay $100+ when I can get buckets and a console from a junkyard for $125, and now...it looks like I'm gonna have to rebuild the transmission. When will kids learn to listen to their parents???

Also, can anyone tell me why I can't post in the tailgate forum but I can post here and in the tech forums???

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Some sub-forums are restricted and you have to "join" them separately.

This prevents "trolls" or "bots" from posting in them.

Go to main page and scroll down to Tailgate forum link and read passage under the name of the forum, you will see:
"To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup."

Click on the HERE
Then select Join Group, for the ones that interest you

Last edited:

guntemar

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Some sub-forums are restricted and you have to "join" them separately.

This prevents "trolls" or "bots" from posting in them.

Go to main page and scroll down to Tailgate forum link and read passage under the name of the forum, you will see:
"To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup."

Click on the HERE
Then select Join Group, for the ones that interest you
Got it. Thanks.

Also joined Fire, EMS, and Veteran groups

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals