• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lowerin ranger ?

240coupe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
nissan
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1990 ford ranger 2wd i want to lower the rear for now what is the easiest way to flip my leafs to the bottom and how low can i go in the front before i mess up the camber to bad with out bent i beams thanks for the help

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only way you are going to get low in the front without changing camber is with drop I-beams. You can cut your springs or buy drop springs, but those will screw your camber way up if you don't use the right degree adjusters.

As far as the back, you can flip your rear shackles and hangars for a drop around 2". This is the easy way to do it and it's pretty good. If you want to go lower you will have to flip the axle. To flip it, you will need a certain bracket.

Search around. You should find LOTS of info for whatever you want.

volrath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
chassis tech also sells lowering shackles and hangers i think. that is if you wanted to just level the rear out. but i would try to flip the rear hanger like insane jughead said.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals