• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to drop your Edge/Sport

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Originally written by my buddy Preston (d-townranger) on RPS.com, thought I would share with ya'll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started with the back. All the edges/sports come with stock lift blocks. You can either take it out and put it on top of the leaf springs or go to the dealership and get XLT u bolts and completely take them out. I called them for some and I think they quoted me at like 15.00 bux. I did it the ghetto way and just put the block on top of the leafsprings because i'll be doing an axle flip kit soon.

1. First thing we did was jack up the back of the truck and set the axle on jackstands.
2. Then we untighted the u bolts and jacked the rest of the truck up. Make sure to put something under the spot where the driveshaft meets the axle or else your axle will tweak and its not fun playin with that.
3. When youve got enough clearance pull out the stock lifting block.
4. The mounting plate on top of the axle has a little nipple for the leaf springs to drop into.
5. There is also a little nipple on top of the leafsprings but it is to big for the lift block to fit into. All you gotta do is drill it out a little bit and hammer it on.
6. Tighten down the u bolts in an X fashion. Drop it down, take a step back and look.

The Front is a hell of a lot easier.
1. Jack up the front so both front wheels are off the ground.
2. REMEMBER TO PUT SOMETHING IN FRONT OF AND BEHIND THE BACK TIRES!!!
3. Find the torsion bar, looks like the long rod running under your cab.
4. Follow it back to the "torsion bar key housing".

There are several bolts holding the housing on, maybe 4 or 5 i think. But there is one bolt right in the middle which looks as if it is screwing into nothing. That is the adjuster bolt that you need to crank.

Make sure you crank them an equal number of times or else your going to get an uneven drop. Ask me how i know. Of course if you lose count you can always drop the car and measure. But after a while your going to get tired of doing that. And of course, Righty titghty, Lefty Loosey. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

motorbill6987

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
you can only drop the EDGE/Sport like 4" because of the torsen/trans. cross member

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals