• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1" drop springs...

2old4this

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK so I looked all over and I can't find anyone selling 1" drop springs for a '94 Ranger. And I'm pretty sure I wont be happy with the 3" I'll get with drop beams. I'd like to do a 4/5 drop and this is what I've come up with. 3" DJM beams & 2" Beltek drop springs. Now to get back to 4" I'm considering making 1" spacers to put under the springs. Has anyone seen this done or have any suggestions besides cutting the springs! Cutting the springs is not an option for me! I want new springs as the originals are 15 years old, and I'm not doing a trial and error on new springs. Besides I can adjust the size of the spacers to suite.

Thanks
Pat

JoshT

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Chances are your stock springs have sagged enough that 2" drop springs will be a one inch drop from your current height. So those plus the beams would probably give you the 4 inches wanted.

IIRC stock springs on the Splash package trucks are 1" drop springs.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Yep, the Splash package from the GenII Rangers have a 1" shorter spring.

James

2old4this

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've try to get Splash springs from local Ford dealers and been told they're obsolete. Salvage yard...well you never know what you get, besides I'd like to have new springs. I've tried parts houses local and online and they want to sell me one-size-fits-all springs.

Unless youz guyz have a reliable source for new Splash Springs, I'm out of luck.

Any reason the spacer idea won't work?

Thanks
Pat

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
just get the 2"drop springs,if you dont youll wish that you did! lol i kicked around a 2/3 drop and everybody said id be going with the 4/5 after about 3 months of having the 2/3. i ordered the 4/5 and love it,could go a little lower too!:D

2old4this

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just get the 2"drop springs,if you don't youll wish that you did! lol i kicked around a 2/3 drop and everybody said id be going with the 4/5 after about 3 months of having the 2/3. i ordered the 4/5 and love it,could go a little lower too!:D
If I use the 2" springs as is and the drop beans I'll be at 5" in front... which is where i may end up.

I guess what I really need to know is; Does anyone see anything wrong with using spacers?

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
technically its the genIII in 1993 ios when the splash came out. :p

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals