• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question About Filler Hose Replacement

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK I've seen all the Youtube videos but I'm afraid I'll have to do this one alone.
Looks like all I have to do is pull the bed back about 1 foot and I'll have enough clearance. The truck has 14 inch tires so I don't think I'll have to remove the wheels and its the short bed.
The question is how difficult is it for one person to just slide the bed back about a foot rather than removing it all together.
Has anybody ever done it this way?
Thanks.

4EyedTurd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I did it with the wheels on but wasn't to concerned about scratches. I just went from one side to the other and got the bed up on the back tires and the other end on the bumper.

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks

Not worried about scratches here either. So you were able to do the whole job by yourself?

footee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I also did it by myself. Was definitely easier with a helper but just pick up from the rear to get over the bumper then go side to side. I had to do it twice cause I put the damn fuel door upside down the first time.

4EyedTurd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, twice. Second time I asked my wife to help which ended up with me doing it on my own. Just pick one side up and pivot, go to the other side pick and pivot. Rinse and repeat

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. You've still got to lift it over the hose as you slide it back. Got a lot of 2x4's here to build a hoist using a come along to jack up the front of the bed to get clearance. Don't think I'll have to remove tires or bumper. Got all 6 screws loose.
Been getting gassed riding around with the back window open in 90 degree heat.

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Temporarily fixed it.

Used a small sniffer hose to determine where the leak was. It was right there at the turn going into the tank.
Cleaned up the hose real good and put some ultra black sealant on the crack.
That will get me by until the new hose comes in. And I'm not getting gassed any more. And one point I thought I was going to blow up!
Thanks for yall's help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals